[BS] High privacy [Deleted]

021 submitted a new resource:

[BS] High privacy - Providing the best privacy for your users.

.features:
  • Disabling IP logging in the entire forum for all users (action logging remains, only the IP field will be empty)
  • Disabling IP logging by user in privacy settings
  • Deleting conversation messages some time after sending
  • Conversation by key (encrypted messages)

Unfortunately, decrypting messages requires a lot of resources, so I advise you to reduce the number of messages per page in conversation.

Read more about this resource...

I'm intrigued by the encrypted messages, but feel as if the IP logging is worthless, to an extent, as it's in server logs, host logs, ISP logs already; so why hide an IP on XF only?

I know this a free add on, but the encryption is key in this one. A possibility of just releasing encrypted messages to make a lightweight add on?

I'm intrigued by the encrypted messages, but feel as if the IP logging is worthless, to an extent, as it's in server logs, host logs, ISP logs already; so why hide an IP on XF only?
.in case the attackers gain access only to the database.

I know this a free add on, but the encryption is key in this one. A possibility of just releasing encrypted messages to make a lightweight add on?
What for? All other functions are disabled and in no way interfere.

What for? All other functions are disabled and in no way interfere.
Ah ok. I didn't see that you could enable them or disable them and the explanation totally makes sense.

Will test it out :)

failed install for me.....great idea, seems like an addon conflict i hope can be fixed...
thank you

• XF\PrintableException: Batch install error: Invalid class: BS\HighPrivacy\XF\Entity\ModeratorLog
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:1154
  • Generated by: Admin
  • Oct 18, 2019 at 12:05 AM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/AddOn/DataType/ClassExtension.php(84): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#1 src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php(106): XF\AddOn\DataType\ClassExtension->importAddOnData('BS/HighPrivacy', Object(SimpleXMLElement), 0, G)
#2 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(339): XF\Job\AddOnData->run(G)
#3 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(94): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepData(Object(XF\Timer))
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run(G)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(111): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserMentionsImprovements\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#14 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(34) "/community/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["referrer"] => string(58) "https://www.mysite.com/community/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRedirect"] => string(95) "https://www.mysite.com/community/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive-complete&batch_id=175"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "****"
["only_ids"] => string(4) "8923"
}
}

https://www.breedbay.org/community/admin.php?logs/server-errors/1/delete

Reactions: 021
After installation i get this error:

• XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'bs_hp_secure_word' has no default value
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:217

after that, conversation is no longer possible

The bug is fixed, thank you also that you have installed right for user groups. 1.2.1b runs so far perfectly.

Great addon thank you. What is with posts which are already submited before addon install, how can i remove the ip there? (I see the IP button and the IP address on older posts)

Great addon thank you. What is with posts which are already submited before addon install, how can i remove the ip there? (I see the IP button and the IP address on older posts)
.at the moment - no way. Perhaps I will add the ability to do this.

Amazon add-on! I would like to know if you can add two options with:

• One that hides IPs from a certain user group so image moderator’s wants to see admin’s IPs, they can not.
  • Delete all the IPs for users or user group

Thanks!

Top Bottom