1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Breadcrumbs

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by albnaldo, Apr 23, 2015.

1. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Hello,

How to make the Home Icon (Breadcrumb) to link to the forum directory forum.site.com instead of site.com?

I want the Homepage link at the top (menu bar) to link to the main site whereas the home link on the breadcrumbs to link to the main board.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You would need to edit the breadcrumb template to change where the home crumb links to.

3. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Which part of the breadcrumb template should I edit?

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

upload_2015-4-23_18-3-40.png
    Another option is to hide the Home breadcrumb link. It's just redundant with the Word Home just on top.
    Another option is to hide the Home and Forums breadcrumb links. They just redundant with the Word Home and Forums just above.

For me, I'd just remove the Home link.

5. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

I know but I do need the breadcrumb since I use it for Google Search URL appearance.

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

7. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Digital Doctor likes this.
  8. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Anyone?

9. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

You can add your link there by replacing {$homeLink} with your link.
    upload_2015-4-26_4-10-7.png

10. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

That worked like a charm. One more question. I have created a category which has 5 forums. Is there any way of adding custom icons to each forum. At the moment, it says OLD at each forum.

11. Steve F

12. albnaldo

albnaldo Member

Hi,

It partially worked. I set an image but it is overlapped by text "OLD". How to remove it?

13. Steve F

A screenshot or a link to the site would be helpful, no idea what your working with and if it is a custom style you may need to contact the developer.