1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

breadcrumb help

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by KiF, Nov 4, 2013.

1. KiF

KiF Member

libraryXenResourceModelCategory.php

I add 'value_desc' fields. I get php error with
    'value_desc' => $breadcrumb['category_description'] after 'value' => $breadcrumb['category_title'],
    but with
    'value_desc' => $category['category_description'] after 'value' => $category['category_title'],
    it's ok.
    Help, please. What else should I change?
    PHP:
            foreach ($category['categoryBreadcrumb'] AS $catId => $breadcrumb)
            {

$breadcrumbs[$catId] = array(

'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:resources/categories'$breadcrumb),

'value' => $breadcrumb['category_title'],

'value_desc' => $breadcrumb['category_description']

);
            }

if (
    $includeSelf)
            {

$breadcrumbs[$category['resource_category_id']] = array(

'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:resources/categories'$category),

'value' => $category['category_title'],

'value_desc' => $category['category_description']
                );
            }

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

$category['categoryBreadcrumb']['category_description'] probably doesn't exist. Verify that the data is at that level, if not, use $category['category_description'].

3. KiF

KiF Member

It doesn't exist. I can't use $category['category_description'] as it is not the description of $breadcrumb.
    The second 'value_desc' => $category['category_description'] creates, but not the first.
    I add both fields value_desc. This field is created in the second variant
    (after
    PHP:
    'value' => $category['category_title'],
    but not after first
    PHP:
    'value' => $breadcrumb['category_title'],

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. Jeremy

If the data doesn't exist at the point I stated it needed too, you need to add the data in. The second addition isn't at the same level as the breadcrumb data.

5. KiF

KiF Member

Thank you for help, @Jeremy .
    Before that point the $breadcrumb is NULL.
    At that point
    PHP:
    'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('full:resources/categories'$breadcrumb),
    'value' => $breadcrumb['category_title']
    array(2) {
    ["href"] => string(143) "..."
    ["value"] => string(29) "..."

I don't understand why the field $breadcrumb['category_title'] is saved but not the $breadcrumb['category_description'].
    I can't find $catId or 'full:resources/categories' anywhere else.
    May be something wrong with syntax after adding the 'value_desc'. May be it should be changed?

6. Jeremy

$category['categoryBreadcrumb'] is an array, which contains all the bread crumbs (excluding the breadcrumb related to itself. $breadcrumb is defined for each item within that array due to the foreach() you are calling. Unless the array of breadcrumb data includes a key category_description it will not be able to populate it into the array the same as it can href and value because it has the data points necessary for those.

The second insert works because you have exited outside of the $category['categoryBreadcrumb'] array and now contains all the information related to the current category. As I said, if it does not exist within each $category['categoryBreadcrumb'] array item you will need to write custom code to add it.

KiF likes this.
  7. KiF

KiF Member

Thank you Jeremy. I understood breadcrumbs a little more.

Need help with creation of this custom code...