1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branding removal for existing license

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by jauburn, Nov 14, 2011.

1. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

How does one purchase branding removal for an existing license? It's not clear from your customers area how that's done. And also, once purchased, how does one actually remove the branding?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just purchase the option using the Purchase Extras link on the http://xenforo.com/customers/ page.
    The next time you install/upgrade, the copyright will be hidden automatically.

3. jauburn

Thanks. How about if I just want to upgrade an existing version? Just overwrite all the files?

4. jauburn

I bought branding free for one of my licenses, but when I view source from a browser, the first thing I see is xenforo on html id.

5. Brogan

The branding free refers to the visible footer text and link.

http://xenforo.com/purchase/

6. BigSoccer Tech

BigSoccer Tech Active Member

if one purchases it but doesn't need to upgrade, how do we activate it? do i need to run an install script?

7. Brogan

You will need to manually edit the footer template to remove it or use EXTRA.css to hide it (display: none).

8. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Actually you would just be able to upload the latest upgrade files and go to /install/ and click on rebuild caches. This is assuming it is simply hidden in the templates.

9. Brogan

I don't believe old packages are rebuilt with the new template if branding removal is purchased.

10. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

If it uses the same system of all the data files in install/data then I believe it should pickup any changes. Do a quick test?