[BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser [Deleted]

There's a small bug in this add-on. If you have already downloaded it you are fine. This add-on does nothing to the database outside of xenforo. It's a very simple add-on. All of it works, there's just one issue with getting the light bulb to display when your not logged in. I am working on fixing it right now and will post an update soon. Shouldn't be long before an update is pushed.

Last edited:
@Brad Padgett Will I need to create a new style before implementing this add-on? IE: creating a "dark" style before enabling this add-on?

Yes it requires you to actually have the styles. Currently there is 2 issues and one of them is resolved though I have not uploaded the new version because I'm trying to fix the 2nd issue. If you put only a couple values in for the light bulb then it shows multiple times. I fixed that just tonight and plan to upload a new version soon. Everything is good on the next release except for one issue I'm trying to sort out which is the light bulb will not show when directly logging out. A new user on your site would see it and if you go to a different style it shows but if you directly logout you won't see it immediately. Style chooser works perfectly and without flaw. Light bulb works for logged in users. I'm going to fix it as soon as possible and upload a new version. I will update you soon.

And yes, you need to have the styles

And yes, you need to have the styles
Thanks, Brad. I'll be waiting for your updates while I get my styles in order.

I've been contemplating having a "dark style" for nighttime viewing for awhile now. My issue was all about the easiest UI for the transition...and you've apparently filled that gap quite nicely!

Thanks again. Looking forward to using this!

@Brad Padgett , How/where can I download version for 2.0.x users?

Thank You :)

I took it down because I have to rework both versions and I can't add an upgrade version as an older 2.0.x version. Like I said, the add-on works but there is an issue with the light bulb not showing after logging out. As I said above there are a couple issues with the light bulb (style chooser works fine). You can disable the light bulb in options until I push a fix. If only it would be reasonable to post an upgrade version for 2.0.x but people would get confused.

Thanks, Brad. I'll be waiting for your updates while I get my styles in order.

I've been contemplating having a "dark style" for nighttime viewing for awhile now. My issue was all about the easiest UI for the transition...and you've apparently filled that gap quite nicely!

Thanks again. Looking forward to using this!

Thank you I encourage you to use it. I'll push a fix soon

Brad Padgett updated [BP] Light Switch and Style Chooser with a new update entry:

This update fixes a couple of small bugs

There was an issue where upon session logouts the user would not see the bulb/icon even though it was set to on. This has been fixed and now you must put in either your default light or dark style in the first couple light bulb boxes. This is because sometimes when logging out the style id is actually 0 so I had to check for it. This has been resolved. Also another issue was multiple light bulbs appearing if only a small amount of style IDs were filled out. This has also been fixed.

Right...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Upgrayedd here's the css that will get rid of the icon in the subnavigation where I saw it being displayed. If you want me to fix the add-on itself to automatically get rid of it I would need you or someone else to let me view the PAGE_CONTAINER template as I only have an old version of UI.X 2 for 2.0.x

Here's the css that will get rid of it.

CSS:
.p-sectionLinks .fa-lightbulb {

display: none;
}

.p-header-content .fa-lightbulb {
display: none;
}

That will stop it from displaying in those areas. As I said I'd be willing to update the add-on if I had a working copy of UI.X 2 for 2.1.x or if someone was willing to help me take a look at PAGE_CONTAINER

Last edited:
@Upgrayedd I updated my code. The class .p-nav-opposite appears more than once. So that code if you add it to the template "extra.less" will fix your issue. The code I posted before would make it where they all disappear. This will stop it from appearing in those areas.

Top Bottom