Bliss

Bliss 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
None of your changes should ever be over-written. This is assuming that you are making ALL of your customizations to a child theme, not to the theme directly. If you do so, any change you make will be overwritten when it is changed in an update. Follow this instruction guide on correct installation of the product https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/uix

I am only customizing a child style, just did the update and the usual logo replacement happened. Big and Small logo's get over written.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.17.31 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.17.31 AM.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.17.42 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.17.42 AM.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.18.35 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.18.35 AM.webp
    17.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.18.40 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 10.18.40 AM.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 4
I am only customizing a child style, just did the update and the usual logo replacement happened. Big and Small logo's get over written.
Yes as @Ernest L. Defoe kindly pointed out, keep files out of the /styles/bliss folder for example, just make a new one at /styles/your-site

Then link your logo to that location. Instead of @imagePath/uix/logo.png or whatever it would just be styles/your-site/logo.png or whatever your file name/folder is called.

Don't know why I didn't think of that, duh.
thanks guys.

Is there a simple way to disable the drop down sub navigation? I keep getting syntax errors when I try to remove the subnav from the navigation template.
I don't want "Forums" or "members" to drop down, rather just be clickable.

Don't know why I didn't think of that, duh.
thanks guys.

Is there a simple way to disable the drop down sub navigation? I keep getting syntax errors when I try to remove the subnav from the navigation template.
I don't want "Forums" or "members" to drop down, rather just be clickable.
So just remove the dropdown menus but keep the subnav tablinks?

Just do away with it entirely. So there is no drop down and no sublinks below either.

I know the UIX has a setting that switches from drop down to sublinks in the row below but I'd prefer to just get rid of them all together for both sections.
I have this code in the extra CSS, paired with the UIX setting to switch drop down to sublinks
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a
        { display: none;}

But Then when your on another page, say "members" if you want to go back to forum it's a drop down again.
So I'd rather just remove them all together.

Just do away with it entirely. So there is no drop down and no sublinks below either.

I know the UIX has a setting that switches from drop down to sublinks in the row below but I'd prefer to just get rid of them all together for both sections.
I have this code in the extra CSS, paired with the UIX setting to switch drop down to sublinks
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a
        { display: none;}

But Then when your on another page, say "members" if you want to go back to forum it's a drop down again.
So I'd rather just remove them all together.
Yeah there is a setting to remove tablinks under UI.X Navigation. But it won't get rid of dropdown menus. As far as I know, there isn't a great way to do that. I could maybe write some JS real quick that can disable them.

Something like this might work. Throw this in your uix_quickScripts_head template:

Code:
$('.navTab.PopupControl').removeClass('PopupControl');
$('.navTab.Popup .navLink + a.SplitCtrl').attr('rel', '');
$('.navTab.Popup .navLink + a.SplitCtrl').remove();
$('.navTab.Popup').removeClass('Popup');

Yeah there is a setting to remove tablinks under UI.X Navigation. But it won't get rid of dropdown menus. As far as I know, there isn't a great way to do that. I could maybe write some JS real quick that can disable them.

Something like this might work. Throw this in your uix_quickScripts_head template:

Code:
$('.navTab.PopupControl').removeClass('PopupControl');
$('.navTab.Popup .navLink + a.SplitCtrl').attr('rel', '');
$('.navTab.Popup .navLink + a.SplitCtrl').remove();
$('.navTab.Popup').removeClass('Popup');

dang, no cigar.

What about this, I'm using the code I previously posted to disable the sublinks, which is great when your on /forums but I'm using Featured Threads from Brogan as well, so when your on the homepage it doesn't seem to function and the "forums" link becomes a drop down again. Any idea how I could at least get that to function on the featured threads homepage like it does on the /forum page?
First pic is what happens on the featured threads page, second is on the /forum page.

Example: www.skepticalgeneration.com

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 11.18.07 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 11.18.07 PM.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 7.13.45 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 7.13.45 PM.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 2
dang, no cigar.

What about this, I'm using the code I previously posted to disable the sublinks, which is great when your on /forums but I'm using Featured Threads from Brogan as well, so when your on the homepage it doesn't seem to function and the "forums" link becomes a drop down again. Any idea how I could at least get that to function on the featured threads homepage like it does on the /forum page?
First pic is what happens on the featured threads page, second is on the /forum page.

Example: www.skepticalgeneration.com
The simple way is to just yeah edit the navigation template. But if you want to create a ticket at themehouse.com I'll take a look and see what I can do!

Hello ! How I can change logo on this theme?
Hello @Sonia,

You're gonna navigate to Style Properties -> Header and Navigation. From there, edit Header Logo Image Path with an image link located on your web server or from another website. Be sure that when you're editing the logo that you Navigate to [UI.X] Logo to remove the icon and text. If you have any issues, please do create a ticket with us as we would be glad to help you further.

Top Bottom