Black Responsive [Deleted]

this looks awesome. is there a way to get additional user info below the avatar in the desktop version of the postbit? like this

screenshot-9-png.48360

that would be amazing.

also, i read your post about halting support for the responsive design when XF 1.2 hits. i just wanted to note that you should continue this theme though! since the default responsive theme in xenforo is white, and I prefer dark themes, and will totally pay to have this in xf 1.2.

this looks awesome. is there a way to get additional user info below the avatar in the desktop version of the postbit? like this

screenshot-9-png.48360

that would be amazing.

Go into the ACP > Appearance > Styles > Black Responsive > Style Properties > Message Elements

All those display options are listed there.

Now with 1.2 out, go go @Arty good luck with updating. It looks you need to create the same style in a normal fixed version and then implement the Xenforo responsive system as the responsive style is an option and not core default far i saw!

Now with 1.2 out, go go @Arty good luck with updating. It looks you need to create the same style in a normal fixed version and then implement the Xenforo responsive system as the responsive style is an option and not core default far i saw!

From playing around with Soft Responsive, looks like all he will have to do is update the templates, and under Style Properties disable the responsive part. I have the front part of my site looking normal, just by merging some outdated templates and turning off the xF Responsive Style Property.

From playing around with Soft Responsive, looks like all he will have to do is update the templates, and under Style Properties disable the responsive part. I have the front part of my site looking normal, just by merging some outdated templates and turning off the xF Responsive Style Property.
Yup, but it is good it implement the Xenforo responsive system itself, it's better for keep compatibility with future addons updates, they likely will make use of such function, fix all bugs and minor stuff with some mobile devices that happen in the actual responsive styles that are fixed in the xenforo one, etc...

Let's see how it goes, hopefully we use a small number off ad-dons what makes it easy when the style is ready! :)

Indeed @fattony69 this and the other light responsive may be one style that needs some re-write into the Xenforo default responsive system. But that makes me confuse, using that way will require a new style to be launched only for 1.2, and this responsive to be only 1.1, that or this will be 1.1 unsupported.
I don't see Arty only fixing this, having to maintain a whole responsive system instead of catch the opportunity to make it use the xenforo one, as in the future it can be easier to maintain, only fixing templates and not fixing the responsive styling. Ah well, let's wait and see :)

It will take a while for me to update it because currently I'm on a vacation. Though I do have internet almost every day and laptop and time to work on stuff in the evening, its not my primary work computer so it takes longer to do stuff.

I'm just happy its a beta, not final :)

It will take a while for me to update it because currently I'm on a vacation. Though I do have internet almost every day and laptop and time to work on stuff in the evening, its not my primary work computer so it takes longer to do stuff.

I'm just happy its a beta, not final :)
I can send you cookies for keep your strenght to implement it in this new responsive system. :)
One question, since responsive is optional in 1.2, how will this style work?

Last edited:
It will behave similar to default style - if responsive design option is enabled, responsive design will work. It will also use new style properties for responsive design width.

And it will be a full rewrite of style. Updating it to 1.2 will be harder than rewriting it.

Same applies to Soft Responsive style.

Last edited:
It will behave similar to default style - if responsive design option is enabled, responsive design will work. It will also use new style properties for responsive design width.

And it will be a full rewrite of style. Updating it to 1.2 will be harder than rewriting it.

Same applies to Soft Responsive style.

just to confirm, this will be available/supported/work with XF 1.2? I'm about to buy, but I want to make sure it'll work for xf 1.2. thanks!

yay! i won't be making the conversion to 1.2 for some time anyways since it's not even in final version yet, and i need to wait for other plugins to catch up. but yes, that is exciting to know, thanks!
The same with me, i'm waiting for Arty to update the style first. Then the rest, the biggest addons of Xenforo are not getting updated it looks only after the stable version... :rolleyes:

Why is that such an issue? I certainly appreciate any effort the devs put in for any add-ons. I can see why they want to wait, to be able to go off one release, not off multiple.
Not really an issue, it works the same way until the 1.2 gets some finally stable version :)

Top Bottom