Black Responsive [Deleted]

This is a really nice theme. Is there an easy way to move the menu system back down below the logo? Also, what happens when Xenforo releases their own mobile ready default theme? Will it make this one obsolete or not work anymore?

Reactions: rdn
This is a really nice theme. Is there an easy way to move the menu system back down below the logo?
No, it requires few edits.

In header.html swap these two lines
Code:
    <link rel="xenforo_template" type="text/html" href="navigation.html" />
    <link rel="xenforo_template" type="text/html" href="logo_block.html" />
then on first line of navigation.css replace
Code:
#navigationContainer
with
Code:
#navigationContainer .pageWidth
then in styles -> style properties -> header and navigation -> navigation tabs background -> remove left and right margin values, then in search_bar.css find (line 13)
Code:
top: -{xen:calc '@headerLogoHeight / 2 + 16'}px;
and replace with
Code:
top: -{xen:calc '@headerLogoHeight / 2 + 46'}px;

Also, what happens when Xenforo releases their own mobile ready default theme? Will it make this one obsolete or not work anymore?
If XenForo team will add mobile style, this will work fine without changes. If XenForo team will add responsive design (most likely scenario) to default style, this style will work as well. In ether case style will require update for 1.2 because of all new shiny features.

Reactions: rdn
Hey Arty,

Would I be able to modify the colors on this design a bit to match current forum look ? If so, would I have to do that each update you release or is there a way to update without touching the color pallets?

You can change colors in style properties -> color palette. To make sure things don't get overwritten you should create a child style and apply all changes to that style.

It's called the RecentSlider. It's part of the default XenPorta software, it just isn't one of the active blocks when you first install it.

See here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.28303/#post-330166
That guide is out of date. RecentSlider has been deprecated.
The RecentSlider and RecentAccordion blocks have been removed from the install files. You can still use these blocks from the old install files if you wish; but I will no longer be supporting them. These blocks have been deprecated in favor of the new RecentFeatures block.

Arty updated Black Responsive with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, ability to customize navigation

What's new in 1.0.4:
  • Bug fixes for Resource Manager
  • Bug fixes for xenPorta
  • Now you can configure placement of navigation. By default first row of navigation tabs is placed above logo, second row is placed below logo. Now you can configure it to show both tabs above or below logo and customize them.

To update from previous version replace style.js with updated file and import style.xml in admin control panel.

Read the rest of this update entry...

PHP:
SyntaxError: syntax error
[Break On This Error]

"p").css("border-bottom", "3px double rgb(159, 159, 159)"), ;

/forums/ (line 2975, col 60)

Capture.webp

I'm getting this error on your styles and am unsure what's causing it.

Ironically, it seems to only happen on your styles, so I'm not sure what the cause or conflict could be.

If you have any clues, I'd love to hear it

PHP:
SyntaxError: syntax error
[Break On This Error]

"p").css("border-bottom", "3px double rgb(159, 159, 159)"), ;

/forums/ (line 2975, col 60)

View attachment 47410

I'm getting this error on your styles and am unsure what's causing it.

Ironically, it seems to only happen on your styles, so I'm not sure what the cause or conflict could be.

If you have any clues, I'd love to hear it

SOLVED

Was a small conflict with an older version of this
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xxms-bbcode-mediasites-package.27/

Was simple enough to just update the add-on and the problem went "proof" lol

Top Bottom