Beta 4 upgrade problem

TNCclubman

During the uploading of files, it failed in creating a new folder in the library, and uploading a file to it. What folder was added to the library in this release so I can try to do it manually?

ok found it. its not creating

Zend/Feed/Reader/Extension/Content/
and the file
Zend/Feed/Reader/Extension/Content/Entry.php

was that there in Beta 3? What is this used for, should i start the upgrade without it or try to get it in there?

That is part of Zend framework and that hasn't been touched for a while, so yes it was there in beta 3. We don't actually use that component at this time.

ok, in the Extension folder, there was a file called Content that was 0 in size. I changed its name and the Content folder and file now uploaded. Is that 0 sized file named Content that was in there needed?

ok i ran the upgrade, and its saying
Upgrade System

The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:

• The required PHP extensions for XML handling (DOM and SimpleXML) could not be found. Please ask your host to install these extensions.
Please correct these errors and try again.

How is this possible when the board was running fine before the upgrade? Is there a way to skip this check, im sure the extensions are installed

ok, in the Extension folder, there was a file called Content that was 0 in size. I changed its name and the Content folder and file now uploaded. Is that 0 sized file named Content that was in there needed?

I think your problem is with bad ftp.
Try to re-ftp again with the passive mode on. (google how on your specific ftp client)

How is this possible when the board was running fine before the upgrade? Is there a way to skip this check, im sure the extensions are installed
Those functions aren't used in day-to-day use. It's likely that your PHP configuration changed (unexpectedly). The check for those functions is rather simple, so I do not expect it to be wrong.

Nonetheless, remove this from library/XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php:
Code:
		if (!class_exists('DOMDocument') || !class_exists('SimpleXMLElement'))
		{
			$errors['xml'] = new XenForo_Phrase('required_php_xml_extensions_not_found');
		}
Though I don't expect that the upgrade will complete correctly.

Actually, DOM has always been listed in the requirements, so I'm not sure how you got past it before. DOM isn't strictly required for the upgrade, but it is used for XML building in places.

it looks like only SimpleXML is there when i look at the php info page. I dont see a section highlighted saying DOM is installed.

But the board was running Beta 3 fine with no errors, and now I got Beta 4 working with no errors.

actually, just clicked the rss feed icon and i get an error. in the error it mentions DOM document. So I guess thats one instance where DOM is needed.

Just emailed my host to get DOM installed.

Any other instances where DOM is needed?

actually, just clicked the rss feed icon and i get an error. in the error it mentions DOM document. So I guess thats one instance where DOM is needed.

Just emailed my host to get DOM installed.

Any other instances where DOM is needed?

If you have so many issues with this host ... look for another .. Seriously ... you shouldn't guess what's needed for .. or hack your way through installation or upgrade.

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Template_Compiler_Tag_Username' not found in /ext/hosting/forum_xf/data/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 202

If you have so many issues with this host ... look for another .. Seriously ... you shouldn't guess what's needed for .. or hack your way through installation or upgrade.

they took 3 weeks to upgrade my server. Any suggestions? Im currently paying $170 for a dedicated box. dont want to go over that.

Top Bottom