1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta 4 upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by TNCclubman, Dec 3, 2010.

1. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

During the uploading of files, it failed in creating a new folder in the library, and uploading a file to it. What folder was added to the library in this release so I can try to do it manually?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Scrolling through the diff between B3 and B4, I don't see any directories being created.

3. TNCclubman

ok found it. its not creating

Zend/Feed/Reader/Extension/Content/
    and the file
    Zend/Feed/Reader/Extension/Content/Entry.php

was that there in Beta 3? What is this used for, should i start the upgrade without it or try to get it in there?

4. Mike

That is part of Zend framework and that hasn't been touched for a while, so yes it was there in beta 3. We don't actually use that component at this time.

5. TNCclubman

ok, in the Extension folder, there was a file called Content that was 0 in size. I changed its name and the Content folder and file now uploaded. Is that 0 sized file named Content that was in there needed?

6. TNCclubman

ok i ran the upgrade, and its saying
    Upgrade System

The following errors occurred while verifying that your server can run XenForo:

• The required PHP extensions for XML handling (DOM and SimpleXML) could not be found. Please ask your host to install these extensions.
    Please correct these errors and try again.

How is this possible when the board was running fine before the upgrade? Is there a way to skip this check, im sure the extensions are installed

7. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

I think your problem is with bad ftp.
    Try to re-ftp again with the passive mode on. (google how on your specific ftp client)

8. Mike

Those functions aren't used in day-to-day use. It's likely that your PHP configuration changed (unexpectedly). The check for those functions is rather simple, so I do not expect it to be wrong.

Nonetheless, remove this from library/XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php:
    Code:
    		if (!class_exists('DOMDocument') || !class_exists('SimpleXMLElement'))
    		{
    			$errors['xml'] = new XenForo_Phrase('required_php_xml_extensions_not_found');
    		}
    Though I don't expect that the upgrade will complete correctly.

9. TNCclubman

i got the files uploaded.

I think the problem is my server only had SimpleXML and no DOM installed. Is that blocking my upgrade now?

10. Mike

Actually, DOM has always been listed in the requirements, so I'm not sure how you got past it before. DOM isn't strictly required for the upgrade, but it is used for XML building in places.

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

12. TNCclubman

thanks mike that worked. upgraded smoothly after i removed that check.

13. TNCclubman

it looks like only SimpleXML is there when i look at the php info page. I dont see a section highlighted saying DOM is installed.

But the board was running Beta 3 fine with no errors, and now I got Beta 4 working with no errors.

14. TNCclubman

actually, just clicked the rss feed icon and i get an error. in the error it mentions DOM document. So I guess thats one instance where DOM is needed.

Just emailed my host to get DOM installed.

Any other instances where DOM is needed?

15. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

If you have so many issues with this host ... look for another .. Seriously ... you shouldn't guess what's needed for .. or hack your way through installation or upgrade.

16. wiz

wiz Member

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Template_Compiler_Tag_Username' not found in /ext/hosting/forum_xf/data/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 202

17. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

make sure you have completed the upload correctly. it's telling you compiler.php is not found

18. TNCclubman

they took 3 weeks to upgrade my server. Any suggestions? Im currently paying $170 for a dedicated box. dont want to go over that.

19. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

:eek: !!! you are paying too much (even without knowing what kind of server it is ... )

Ok here .. we have discussed this over at this thread : http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hosting-recommendations.3923/
    read through it .. and if you have questions .. ask us before you buy :)