Best Posts - uncover your top content [Deleted]

Luke F

Luke Foreman submitted a new resource:

Best Posts - uncover your top content - Shows most liked posts globally, per-forum and per-thread. Optionally integrated with Post Ratings.

Description:

In a nutshell, Best Posts makes your forum useful to a wider audience by making your best content more easily accessible.

One of the largest issues with the standard forum format compared to Reddit-like upvoting is that posts that aren't on the first and last pages of a thread tend to get overlooked. Not an issue for your regular users who are primarily interested in the latest posts, but what about new users?

Best Posts has you...

Read more about this resource...

Great work :-)

It's not massively obvious from the screenshots/demo how the best posts are differentiated but I'm probably missing something.

Great resource, browsing your site now.

Unfortunately, most users will probably overlook that small Best Posts link in the subnavigation menu.

Especially considering that most browse from their mobile devices.

Great work :)

It's not massively obvious from the screenshots/demo how the best posts are differentiated but I'm probably missing something.
There's a best post link inside a subforum and inside a thread in the subnavigation menu.

The best posts show as if it was a thread and in each post is a direct link to the thread it was originally posted in.

There's a best post link inside a subforum and inside a thread in the subnavigation menu.

The best posts show as if it was a thread and in each post is a direct link to the thread it was originally posted in.

Yeah I got that. I also assumed that the best post would be highlighted somehow, but maybe not?

Yeah I got that. I also assumed that the best post would be highlighted somehow, but maybe not?
It's not. It looks like it's arranged from highest positive post rating value on his site to lowest. The post lets you rate or report it, that's it.

Yo @Luke Foreman why not include a reply link that redirects to the reply box in that thread the post was originally posted in?

Purchased and working well, except for some errors:

er.png

er2.png

Oh, and I'm using latest version of Post Ratings and XF.

I have 3 posts... I thought I posted more wtf...

Gonna post some more anyway.

Connect your Facebook account. That might give you more trophy points to unlock a higher usergroup or something.

Cool add on Luke, nice to see you releasing again!

I did have a hard time finding the button though, I had to come back to this thread to see where you had highlighted before I switched back to your site to look again.

To me it's not intuitive to have a button that relates specifically to a thread in the sub nav.

I was looking for it in the blue box in this image as that's naturally where I would look for buttons that relate directly to the thread I'm reading.

upload_2014-6-1_16-44-27.webp

Cool add on Luke, nice to see you releasing again!

I did have a hard time finding the button though, I had to come back to this thread to see where you had highlighted before I switched back to your site to look again.

To me it's not intuitive to have a button that relates specifically to a thread in the sub nav.

I was looking for it in the blue box in this image as that's naturally where I would look for buttons that relate directly to the thread I'm reading.

View attachment 74928

I think it's there for consistency, this is for sections and the entire board as whole as well.

I was thinking it might display it above the breadcrumbs that would be cool, sort of in a window all of it's own.

Connect your Facebook account. That might give you more trophy points to unlock a higher usergroup or something.

What's Facebook :rolleyes: :D

Purchased and working well, except for some errors:

er.png

er2.png

Oh, and I'm using latest version of Post Ratings and XF.

Have now shipped a fix for this

Yeah, it does make sense for board wide posts. But IMO the thread specific one should be near thread specific info. and links.

I'm considering adding a link where the thread moderator bar is (opposite the pagination), though ideally I'd like to come up with something better than just a link and without using up too much space

Top Bottom