Best Posts - uncover your top content [Deleted]

Is there any chance to have this report the Most Funny, Most Helpful, etc post(s)? It would be a great way to dig out different types of interesting posts.

Is there any chance to have this report the Most Funny, Most Helpful, etc post(s)? It would be a great way to dig out different types of interesting posts.
I doesn't, I had just assumed it did that. That's the feature I'd want.

@Luke F, I bought your addon Post Ratings and now I am looking an addon for sorting posts by rating.
Example: I would like to run a competition every week and identify an author of the best post.
This addon (Best Posts) lets to sort posts by date? If is not, may be you have another one or any advice.

@Luke F i'm getting a weird bug with this where it only shows 1 post per page. Whichever post in the thread has the most likes, it usually shows that, then you have to goto page 2 and it might only show a post or 2 on that page. Any ideas?

Suggestion: Output in an widget (Widget Framework) for landing pages etc ...

Has anyone figured out how to do this? Widget framework comes with a most likes widget, but it doesn't take other positive ratings into account, only likes.

@Luke F i'm getting a weird bug with this where it only shows 1 post per page. Whichever post in the thread has the most likes, it usually shows that, then you have to goto page 2 and it might only show a post or 2 on that page. Any ideas?

At the moment the permission check is done after pagination for efficiency, so in certain situations you could end up with what you are seeing. It was designed under the assumption that in most cases the most liked content will be public content, and that a couple of missing posts here and there will not be noticed (like XF ignore system etc.)

At the moment the permission check is done after pagination for efficiency, so in certain situations you could end up with what you are seeing. It was designed under the assumption that in most cases the most liked content will be public content, and that a couple of missing posts here and there will not be noticed (like XF ignore system etc.)
It seems to be happening in every thread regardless of permissions, the content that is missing is public...any ideas?

It seems to be happening in every thread regardless of permissions, the content that is missing is public...any ideas?

Does it occur in global best posts, per-forum best posts and per-thread best posts or only some of those?

Are you using it with Post Ratings or with XF likes?

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) + post.likes, unix_timestamp() from xf_post post where po' at line 4

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/BestPosts/Model.php at line 93
Dark_BestPosts_Model->updatePositiveRatingCacheForThread() in Dark/BestPosts/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 24
Dark_BestPosts_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionBestPosts() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ss/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

I got an error when I installed it. This appears when I go to /best-posts

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) + post.likes, unix_timestamp() from xf_post post limit ?, ? ' at line 4 in

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) + post.likes, unix_timestamp() from xf_post post where po' at line 4

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Dark/BestPosts/Model.php at line 93
Dark_BestPosts_Model->updatePositiveRatingCacheForThread() in Dark/BestPosts/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 24
Dark_BestPosts_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionBestPosts() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ss/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

I got an error when I installed it. This appears when I go to /best-posts

Is it possible that you are using Post Ratings but none of your ratings are defined as a 'positive' rating? Or is 'like' your only positive rating?

Top Bottom