XF 2.2 Best method to force user group to watch node?

Alternadiv

I have private node 1. Then I have special user group 1. A user will automatically join special user group 1 after donating to the website, which then gives them access to private node 1. Based on that operation, how can I have user group 1 automatically watch private node 1 at the new thread level?

Been searching around for this and see a handful of different methods, some possibly outdated. I saw some replies from @Chris D but I can't tell if they'd still be "safe" to try in the database?

You could create a widget with only new threads from that forum and only show the widget to that group.
I'm trying to have the members of that group automatically receive "watched forum" notifications for that forum.

(Because my members are lovely folks but they tend to miss 60% of the content on my site lol)

Maybe this

• Love
Reactions: Xon
Maybe this
Yup. my add-on allows users to be automatically subscribed to a forum once they are able to see it. This supports my Thread Starter Alerts add-on so users can be notified of new threads in a forum for people they follow without being notified of all thread creations

Top Bottom