1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Designer / Developer tools & Apps ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ExpertPixels.com, Jun 24, 2013.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I just wanted to see what other designers / developers are using in terms of Apps / programs.. I just saw "Coda" which is a paid text editor / advanced editor and i must say it looks great but i was hoping that others here could provide a list of free apps that come close to having all those features.

I get by with the following:

- Wampserer
    - Photoshop
    - Notepad++ (Never really looked into the addons)
    - Filezilla
    - PicPick

I am just trying to find out if i am missing out on anything since not being very active for a good year really and am hoping to improve my work output.

Please note: Ive been out of action for quite some time due to some health issues but am getting back to being a 24/7 designer / webmaster again.

Regards, Darren
    Pereira likes this.
  2. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

ExpertPixels.com likes this.
  3. Arty

Arty Well-Known Member

Sublime Text 2 - text editor, using it on both Mac and Windows
    CyberDuck - FTP and WebDav client, using it on both Mac and Windows
    Photoshop - duh
    FileMerge / WinMerge - file comparison tools
    Git - command line version control system used by almost everyone these days. See github.com

I'm staying away from *AMPP servers. It is very easy to setup server software separately without using bundle. It gives full control over configuration and ability to easily switch versions of PHP as needed.
    LPH likes this.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Switched to Sublime recently. That + Transmit. Basically all I need.
  5. Arantor

Arantor Active Member

I personally run with Notepad++ (and use it via CrossOver on OS X on the rare occasions I'm on OS X), TortoiseSVN, WinMerge and WinSCP... I only ever break out FileZilla if I'm working on someone else's site and they don't have SFTP (since I use it exclusively on mine)
  6. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

I must be the only one who prefers Notepad 2 to Notepad++.
  7. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I use Dreamweaver CS6 and Photoshop.
  8. James

James Well-Known Member

I use Sublime Text and FileZilla usually.

PuTTy of course.
    Sylar likes this.
  9. TheBoss

TheBoss Well-Known Member

Mediachance's RealDRAW Pro is a must for me for designing logos, txts etc etc..

Filezilla or LeapFTP
  10. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

Sublime Text, FileZilla and EasyPHP (occasionally). I now usually just edit on the server tho.