[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
Curious to hear from users of both this and the other Best Answers add-on. What's been your experience?

For the author, you are requiring a yearly fee for branding removal?

In the brief time I have used this it works fine for my forum.

We are awaiting a few fixes which the author will bring to us soon such as fixing the responsive issue (can just alter the width or disable that part for now where it shows above threads) and awaiting a widget framework addition.

For the author, you are requiring a yearly fee for branding removal?
It's a lifetime payment.

There are two problems. Responsive mobile support needs to be added, which will come really soon, and cron entries needed to be added to run hourly. I have an idea on how to do this: The cron rebuilds the best answer for threads in a forum with best answers enabled. It only fetches threads and updates them that are over X time old (X being the number defined in the options) and no more than 1 day later. If the crons fail for an entire day, the cron entry will not rebuild the thread. This is the most performance efficient thing I can think of really. If crons are failing I think there are bigger problems than answers not automatically rebuilding and you having to do a vote/unvote process to make them work. Both will come soon. Widget Framework support is to come soon.

Thanks @Robust

I have a question regarding implementation:

1. Does this impact any previous threads without adminstrator action? In other words, can people start voting up older threads if a question has been answered?
2. Can you describe how this workflow from when a member posts?
3. Can this be used without having filters (thread prefixes)? The other Best Answer seems to require this.

I appreciate the pre-sales support.

1. Does this impact any previous threads without adminstrator action? In other words, can people start voting up older threads if a question has been answered?
We don't have a method that only allows threads to be voted on after the add-on has been installed. There is no time limit as of now of how far back you can vote either. The first I don't want to implement, but an option as a time limit or a threshold to how far back you can vote for a best answer will be added actually.

2. Can you describe how this workflow from when a member posts?
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want a description of how it works?

A user creates a thread -> Users post on the thread -> Other users as well as the thread author can vote for a best answer -> After each vote a new best answer for a thread is calculated. If a post has more votes than the current best answer then it will be the new best answer for that thread

3. Can this be used without having filters (thread prefixes)? The other Best Answer seems to require this.
Yeah. It doesn't require them, but it's optional functionality.

Is it possible to show the Best Answer snippet after the first post? I'm thinking that logically, a person would want to review the question, followed by the best answer – with link to full post.

Hi mate,

Any progress with this? I've had to disable it for the time being as I noticed with the way my styles theme is designed if I have it highlight the thread rather than a bit above the first post it only colours around the text and will take a lot of effort to modify.

Cheers

Hi mate,

Any progress with this? I've had to disable it for the time being as I noticed with the way my styles theme is designed if I have it highlight the thread rather than a bit above the first post it only colours around the text and will take a lot of effort to modify.

Cheers
The next update is half way done but I haven't really worked on it to get it finished the past few days. I'm not sure how to go around the styling issue fully right now, but I do have the cron part done (I think). I'm still very, very busy though. I expect this to free up in 1-2 weeks, but that's quite a while to wait as I understand. I'll try and squeeze it in before.

Hi there,

Any update on this as I cannot use it still due to the responsive thing and the other owner is getting quite frustrated. I know you are busy but we need the responsive as a lot of users use the mobile.

Looks fantastic and great, much needed update. Does it have a widget and/or ability to generate a list of members with the most best answers?

@Robust How do I get my update as I now cannot remember how you doing this
Just head on over to Apantic's community website: https://www.apantic.com/community/products/license and download Best Answer there.

Looks fantastic and great, much needed update. Does it have a widget and/or ability to generate a list of members with the most best answers?
Coming in the next update, which shouldn't be too long. Early August would be my true ETA for it. I also want to add cron functionality for delayed best answers.

By the way, I totally forgot, thank you @batpool52! for assistance with the update! Batpool has been a great help, he's a great bat.

Is it possible to show the Best Answer snippet after the first post? I'm thinking that logically, a person would want to review the question, followed by the best answer – with link to full post.
Oh sorry, I missed this. Yes, it's possible. We've had it since the first update. I call it "the mini display". Screenshots on the resource page, demo is also available (link in the resource page).

Oh sorry, I missed this. Yes, it's possible. We've had it since the first update. I call it "the mini display". Screenshots on the resource page, demo is also available (link in the resource page).
How about showing another alternative answers base on vote points. something like this:

1fe88e40be0d5e745c98483a70604d92.png

Top Bottom