[n] Best Answer / Q&A System

[n] Best Answer / Q&A System [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£25.00)
Robust updated Best Answer / Q&A System with a new update entry:

Show stats on user profiles and messages, add delay time until a best answer can be chosen

This update features new features and bug fixes.

New Features:
  • Show best answer count on user profiles (configurable)
  • Show best answer count on messages (configurable)
  • Add delay time for best answers, so you can use this to have the community judge a best screenshot/file/thing. People can vote for it and a winner is chosen after the duration specified passes
  • One other but I really don't remember
Bug Fixes:
  • There were a few bug fixes in this update, but...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Widgets will probably come pretty soon, since they're definitely a key part of this add-on, with configuration options.
Have widgets been added or planned soon? Would be cool to see and make this more attractive.

Have widgets been added or planned soon? Would be cool to see and make this more attractive.
Started on Widget Framework support, not completely finished. XP2 will be a later version. Probably a week until the release for this feature though, since life is a bit busy right now.

Im only interested in bd WF. Not XP2. But maybe someone else is interested in XP2. I would ask before you start on it. Would be a shame of the effort if no one would use it.

I configured the options temporary to test to 1 vote, 1 hour and enabled it on our staff forum which is private. I added in a test trophy and after an hour it seemed to issue the trophy but not update the thread for the best answer, no prefix, background colour and the answer is not marked as the best answer.

Also, it does not appear to show best answer on the postbit, it shows on the other admins profile he has a best answer though (these should be made clickable to show the threads that were voted if possible?)

Does this not work on hidden forums or have I done something wrong?

Edit: Definitely not working on public forums either, it awards the trophy and updates the best answer on profile but nothing is highlighted, no prefix is set or marked best answer.

Also, I tried in default theme with no add-ons other than this and not showing for me either.

I use Fusion Gamer from PixelExit if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
@Zynephix Delay in responding, sorry. It's been busy lately. If you have email it'll probably me more convenient to email me at support (at) apantic (dot) com

I configured the options temporary to test to 1 vote, 1 hour and enabled it on our staff forum which is private. I added in a test trophy and after an hour it seemed to issue the trophy but not update the thread for the best answer, no prefix, background colour and the answer is not marked as the best answer.
Thing is right now, you need to issue an update (so vote/unvote any post) after the 1 hour threshold which will update the thread. I can't exactly schedule a cron to automatically rebuild the entry after the threshold for every thread (not sure how practical that is either). So the best option I have right now is to vote/unvote a post in the thread after the threshold, which will choose a best answer. A version after the widget framework support will probably include a cron entry that does the checks every hour, that seems practical to me.

Can you message me with a test account to your board? I can't replicate the rest of what you're saying.

(these should be made clickable to show the threads that were voted if possible?)
Agreed, a new tab will probably follow in profiles. I'm trying not to bloat it, but that seems essential if I'm adding a count. I'm really busy right now, so new features are on a little hold, but next week perhaps I'll get the widget framework update out and then work on this in the update following it.

Okay, I just had two users do another vote on the same so it gets more, is there anyway to bypass that one hour so I can force it to count votes now and award it, that might trigger the thread updates.

Okay, I just had two users do another vote on the same so it gets more, is there anyway to bypass that one hour so I can force it to count votes now and award it, that might trigger the thread updates.
You can set it to immediate, so there is no threshold. The other way is just to manually vote/unvote so nothing is recorded and no change is made, but the thread is updated. I understand this is very important and something I actually overlooked, so it's going to be a cron entry added by tomorrow.

Okay, I set the threshold to 0 and unvoted another post, it works fine now and just needs styling, thank you!

You can set it to immediate, so there is no threshold. The other way is just to manually vote/unvote so nothing is recorded and no change is made, but the thread is updated. I understand this is very important and something I actually overlooked, so it's going to be a cron entry added by tomorrow.

No rush on this, now I know it works we will adjust it up to 7 days or so anyway, thank you!

This does not seem to be holding the text properly, any way to fix this please?

Edit: Seems to be a responsive issue on smaller screens, if I zoom out it fits correctly but on my 10.1" tablet it shows as the attachment.

Attachments

• answer.webp
    answer.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
@Zynephix Oh, I didn't test on mobiles. Some simple CSS should fix that, tomorrow's release as well officially from me. I'd give you an idea to try but I just need to make sure 100% that it'll work. I just need to get one of our websites up and done and I can work on fixing this bug and adding the cron.

No worries, I appreciate you taking the time to quickly alter things. As I know it works and styled it appropriately, I have set it to 168 hours and 10 votes minimum so there is no rush other than the sizing, thank you again!

Alright, took a look into it and it'll need to be dynamic better, since the height will also need to extend. Right now it's static (the height) because the summary of the thread will cut off before another line. But I'll need to make it dynamic for it to work with responsive.

Top Bottom