Being asked fo overwrite files on first installation

Sinnocent

Hello, I just purchased Xenforo an hour ago(so excited, been wanting it for years). I just started uploading all of the files via FTP(Filezilla) and so far about 3 times I've been asked to 'overwrite' files(I chose yes). That doesn't make sense to me since this is my very first time uploading Xenforo and my directory is completely empty, I just created it. Any idea what that is about and is that going to be a problem?

I think I've come across that before with FileZilla. I can't recall what causes it but it shouldn't be significant.

If you're unsure just start again with a different directory and ensure it is totally empty and doesn't contain any hidden files.

You might also want to try a different FTP client which may prove it is a FileZilla quirk.

Worth noting that before the installation begins we do a check to ensure the important files have been uploaded correctly and you can also do a File Health Check after install to check everything.

It's possible FileZilla does it due to an upload of a file partially failing and then retrying the same file.

At least, that's the only rational thing that makes sense to me :)

Top Bottom