[bd] Reroute [Deleted]

@JulianD i'd make sure the categories issue i was having is solved before committing to this plugin a the very least. url re-writes of forums under categories wasn't working and after multiple messages both here and on his website with no response, i simply gave up and went back to using the default route filter. if you care about seo then you need a DEPENDABLE system in place that is going to last a long time, otherwise your page rank is going to be crap when you're switching your urls around all the time. this author isn't interested in fixing the things that dont even work right now (categories), much less stick around in the long term to make this plugin worth while.

Hello @xfrocks. I really want to buy this product but I've read a lot of complaints about the lack of support here and on your personal site. I know this is not an easy task to accomplish (reroute urls in XenForo) and I really want to support you. I'm mostly interested in subdomain reroutes (example.com/members > members.example.com) and I just want to know if this feature is working.

Maybe with more support from us, you can finally sort out all those bugs that got people impatient. Thank you in advance for your response.
That reroute is supported and working. Due to licensing issue it cannot be demoed on the live site though, if you are interested in a private demo please contact me. Also, make sure you contact XenForo team before you plan to use subdomain like that.

@JulianD i'd make sure the categories issue i was having is solved before committing to this plugin a the very least. url re-writes of forums under categories wasn't working and after multiple messages both here and on his website with no response, i simply gave up and went back to using the default route filter. if you care about seo then you need a DEPENDABLE system in place that is going to last a long time, otherwise your page rank is going to be crap when you're switching your urls around all the time. this author isn't interested in fixing the things that dont even work right now (categories), much less stick around in the long term to make this plugin worth while.
There were two issues with your site and we have successfully solved one of them. The other was a conflict and hadn't been figured out in a reasonable amount of time, I am sorry for that. Anyway, regarding page rank hit in switching urls, it can be mitigated easily by server side redirection using Apache rewrite rules or similar configuration tool.

just found a performance huge decrease with this addon enabled . here is screenshots:
On left is addon Disabled | on right enabled
you can see 1+sec delay . Developer plz see what we can do about it
cc831d2867aac8fd83e4bddd2033e84c.png

Last edited:
just found a performance huge decrease with this addon enabled . here is screenshots:
On left is addon Disabled | on right enabled
you can see 1+sec delay . Developer plz see what we can do about it
cc831d2867aac8fd83e4bddd2033e84c.png
How many times have you run the test? Also, please give me the site url (here or conversation) for further check. Thank you.

This add-on hasn't been ported to XF2 yet. We do use it ourselves so I think it will be updated soon.

Which features are you using? I may prioritize it for an early XF2 release.

Thanks for your reply @xfrocks

We are using the custom routes on nodes. I can't remember how I set it all up now, it was about 6-7 years ago! :D
Basically we want to change the new URLs back to the old ones before we upgrade:

Examples:

Old URL: /forums/category-name/forum-name/threads/thread-title.123456/
New URL: /forums/threads/thread-title.123456/

Old: forums/category-name/general-chat/
New: forums/forums/general-chat.63/

Old: forums/new-users-corner/
New: forums/categories/new-users-corner.54/

If you manage to get an XF2 version of this add-on I would be eternally grateful! We've been holding off upgrading due to this issue.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom