[bd] Push Notification [Deleted]

I purchased this and set it up on my Xenforo. I've added the Pushover and Pushbullet information. I'm trying to setup a pushbullet client on the pushbullet site. I'm putting this information in....

Name: MyDomain
Website_url: http://mydomain.com
Image url: http://mydomain.com/logo
Redirect_uri: http://mydomain.com/register/pushbullet
Allowed_origin: http://mydomain.com

But when I click..

on oauth test url: click here

... I get this error...

The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum does not define an action called Pushbullet

What am I doing wrong?
Please do not use the test url in Pushbullet. Just go to External Accounts page within XenForo to setup and test.

Please do not use the test url in Pushbullet. Just go to External Accounts page within XenForo to setup and test.

Is that for each user or is it as an Admin on behalf of my domain?

When I click grant via external accounts I get an error saying...

The param 'redirect_uri' has an invalid value.

When I click grant via pushbullet I get the error....

Pushbullet email could not be determined.

XenForo is installed in my root but redirects to /forums. This is my redirect_uri...

https://www.mydomain.com/register/pushbullet

Is that for each user or is it as an Admin on behalf of my domain?

When I click grant via external accounts I get an error saying...

The param 'redirect_uri' has an invalid value.

When I click grant via pushbullet I get the error....

Pushbullet email could not be determined.

XenForo is installed in my root but redirects to /forums. This is my redirect_uri...

https://www.mydomain.com/register/pushbullet
The invalid message means Pushbullet hasn't been configured properly, please send your site address via conversation. I will check and give you the right redirect uri to configure it.

Is it possbible to add any information to the Pushbullet notifications? It currently just says that I have alerts waiting for me, but nothing about the nature of the alert; PM, mention etc. (unless I misconfigured something)

Very much looking forward to Chrome native notification support (y)

Is it possbible to add any information to the Pushbullet notifications? It currently just says that I have alerts waiting for me, but nothing about the nature of the alert; PM, mention etc. (unless I misconfigured something)

Fully agreed. The push alert should copy what the XenForo alert says. It's pointless having every alert say the same thing

It looks like this for me. This is with the Chrome pusbullet addon, but it looks the same with the pusbullet app on Android. I get the same amount of information. A notice about an alert and an URL+timestamp. That's it.

Is the information maybe a part of the headline? Because that gets cut out after X characters it seems.

Attachments

• pushbullet_chrome.webp
    pushbullet_chrome.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 29
It looks like this for me. This is with the Chrome pusbullet addon, but it looks the same with the pusbullet app on Android. I get the same amount of information. A notice about an alert and an URL+timestamp. That's it.

Is the information maybe a part of the headline? Because that gets cut out after X characters it seems.
It looks like the prefix is too long and didn't make room for the rest of the alert, you can delete the content of the phrase bdpushover_alert_from_x to remove this prefix.

It looks like the prefix is too long and didn't make room for the rest of the alert, you can delete the content of the phrase bdpushover_alert_from_x to remove this prefix.
That did the trick! Thanks.

Maybe mention it in the overview? I think that it'll be too long for most forums with the default phrasing.

Last edited:

Ideally there should be no url. There's no need for both the alert text and a separate URL.

There should only the FULL alert text and the hyperlinked text should also be the link.

Ideally there should be no url. There's no need for both the alert text and a separate URL.

There should only the FULL alert text and the hyperlinked text should also be the link.
The way Pushbullet shows the notification is up to their apps actually. XenForo can only sends the display text and the url.

The invalid message means Pushbullet hasn't been configured properly, please send your site address via conversation. I will check and give you the right redirect uri to configure it.
G̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶:̶
̶P̶u̶s̶h̶b̶u̶l̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶e̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶e̶r̶m̶i̶n̶e̶d̶.̶
̶
̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶?̶ ̶:̶)̶

Nevermind, fixed it. :)

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with the "Delay push notifications" feature lately. It seems to work sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. In most cases I'll receive a Pushbullet notification within 2-3 seconds from the actual forum alert; even if I've been super fast and clicked on it instantly.

I'm using the Live Update add-on with a 10 second interval.

Is there a time limit? Can this be changed/increased? (Or did I misunderstand how it works?).

Thanks!

Happened once yesterday, and once today again.
Code:
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to bdPushover_Helper_Alert::_getMessageFromTemplate() must be an instance of bdPushover_Simulation_Template, null given, called in /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php on line 281 and defined - library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php:328
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:19 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php(328): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/talkbass/...', 328, Array)
#1 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Helper/Alert.php(281): bdPushover_Helper_Alert::_getMessageFromTemplate(NULL, Array, Array)
#2 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Model/PushQueue.php(91): bdPushover_Helper_Alert::work2_send(Array)
#3 /home/talkbass/html/library/bdPushover/Deferred/PushQueue.php(10): bdPushover_Model_PushQueue->runQueue(7.9999980926514)
#4 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): bdPushover_Deferred_PushQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
#5 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
#6 /home/talkbass/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/talkbass/html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "http://www.talkbass.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(40) "/forums/for-sale-bass-guitars.126/page-5"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I just received the same error. First time for me since I installed the add-on a few months back. I have not recently installed or updated any add-ons (at least for a couple of weeks).

Attachments

• add-ons.webp
    add-ons.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 12
@xfrocks

I just purchased this and love it. Thanks.

Would it be possible to implement this kind of system:

• Admin Alerts
    • Receive notification when Server Errors have been logged (you are notified that server errors exist, not for each one that occurs)
    • Receive notification when a new user has been set to Awaiting Approval

Would it be possible to add Roost support for push notifications? They support native notifications on Chrome, Chrome on Android and Safari. API here.

Could you also make it possible to disable push notifications for "Likes"?

Last edited:
Stopped receiving notifications in the iOS app - works with Chrome extension though.
Anyone else having this problem?

Top Bottom