[bd] Link Expander [Deleted]

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Link Expander - Rich and helpful link preview for better discussions.

[bd] Link Expander
Rich and helpful link preview for better discussions.

[FEATURES]
1. Link preview in-post with thumbnail, title and description
2. Work smart and fast, do not make significant impact on server performance even with lots of links
3. Give admin total control with lots of options
4. Other awesome smaller features like auto expand image links, auto embed video links, support for oEmbed with Facebook, Instagram links, etc.

Demo:...

Read more about this resource...

@xfrocks Does Link Expander also work on uses CODE and QUOTE BB Code? What happen with Convert URLs to Page Titles?

One more improvement request, Can be link embed after one space bar?

Example:

Screenshot_12.webp

@xfrocks Does Link Expander also work on uses CODE and QUOTE BB Code? What happen with Convert URLs to Page Titles?

Example:

View attachment 149309
It detects code/quote/plain bb code and do not parse link inside those.
If you enable convert utls to page titles, which XenForo will generate bb code like [url=link]title[/url], this add-on will ignore those urls. Basically it only do preview for "naked url".
You can use EXTRA.css to add a margin.

So this add-on not compatible with Convert URLs to Page Titles?
For those urls that can be converted by XenForo, this add-on won't do anything (since the title is there already). For not-converted urls, it will pick up the url and works its job.

For those urls that can be converted by XenForo, this add-on won't do anything (since the title is there already). For not-converted urls, it will pick up the url and works its job.

I am asking that Convert URLs to Page Titles URL are not embed? I think you make the happen its embed both URL, converted or not-converted urls.

I am asking that Convert URLs to Page Titles URL are not embed? I think you make the happen its embed both URL, converted or not-converted urls.
That can be done, we may have an option to convert everything if that's something webmaster wants :)

Purchased, installed and working absolutely perfect. xf 1.5.12 ✔
Love those previews. Thank you.

Example:

screenshot_12-png.149309

You can use EXTRA.css to add a margin.

@xfrocks Please let me know that what code need to add in EXTRA.css.

Last edited:
I'm a secondary admin for a vB MB. We've purchased a XenForo license to convert our MB to XF. But I'm not the actual XF customer, so I can't obtain the validation code I need to register & ask questions on your site. And I can't buy the add-on personally. Is there a way I can access your site to ask questions and test to be sure that if I recommend to "the powers that be" that we buy your add-on it will DO what we need SOMETHING to do? Is there some sort of "Try before you buy" that I can install in our test MB to be SURE it will do what I want?

What I WANT to do is make thumbnails & attachments visible in the edit window instead of just the links to them. It's much more difficult to fine-tune posts & tutorials with just the links than it would be if the actual photos/illustrations were visible in the edit window.

Attachment Store has been recommended, but we don't use an external CDN. And this one sounds like it MIGHT also do what I'm looking for. Obviously, I'm new to XF and don't KNOW exactly what we need.

Last edited:
What I WANT to do is make thumbnails & attachments visible in the edit window instead of just the links to them. It's much more difficult to fine-tune posts & tutorials with just the links than it would be if the actual photos/illustrations were visible in the edit window.
This add-on will not do that though but [bd] Attachment Store does do that FYI. You don't need a CDN to benefit from that add-on.
Also, I will setup an account for you if you shoot me a convo with an email address. Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers.

Top Bottom