[bd] Data Storage [Deleted]

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Data Storage - Store data in remote servers.

[bd] Data Storage
Store data in remote servers.

[FEATURES]
All data which is currently stored in external data directory (/data) will be processed by this add-on and pushed to remote server. By default, XenForo saves avatars and attachment thumbnails in here. That means with this add-on, you can serve avatar from Amazon S3! It's much easier to run a cluster of web servers now.

1. Store data with Amazon S3
2. Store data in remote server via FTP

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories...

Read more about this resource...

Stupid question: The data still remains in the /data/ directory, right? So if I disable the addon at some later point; I still have everything working fine.

No, the data is not in /data/ directory. In the event you want to disable the add-on later, you will need to download your files from the remote server and put them back into the data directory (the structure is the same).

Stupid question: The data still remains in the /data/ directory, right? So if I disable the addon at some later point; I still have everything working fine.
Also, when you install the add-on, you need to upload the files first. It's a step in installation instruction.

Also, when you install the add-on, you need to upload the files first. It's a step in installation instruction.
Wouldn't it be nice if a copy of the data is maintained on the server and also in S3/Cloudfront so that data isn't lost if something bad happens with the Amazon account?

Wouldn't it be nice if a copy of the data is maintained on the server and also in S3/Cloudfront so that data isn't lost if something bad happens with the Amazon account?
Yeah, some kind of poor man backup I see. Will add it in next version.

Hi @xfrocks purchased the add on and wanted to ask you a few questions to be sure if that is okey with you :)

1) Does this add-on work with all add-ons automatically too? I mean does it upload all data (image, video, vs. which will be uploaded by users) from lets say a blabla add-on to S3 or any other storage?
2) Do we erase everything in 'config.php' and wrote the code you gave in it (after adding my info of course)?

Hi @xfrocks purchased the add on and wanted to ask you a few questions to be sure if that is okey with you :)

1) Does this add-on work with all add-ons automatically too? I mean does it upload all data (image, video, vs. which will be uploaded by users) from lets say a blabla add-on to S3 or any other storage?
2) Do we erase everything in 'config.php' and wrote the code you gave in it (after adding my info of course)?
1) Yes. Everything that is put into /data will be pushed to S3.
2) No. You append that part at the end of the file.

One quick question @xfrocks! I have two similar config.php files: One of them is just 'config.php' file and the other one is 'config.php.default'. Should I edit the 'config.php.default' too or just 'config.php'?

Getting this error below while trying to upload an avatar even though I uploaded my S3 keys to cofig.php. Was I suppose to add my S3 keys elsewhere too @xfrocks?:/

Code:
Bucket name "" contains invalid characters
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->_validBucketName() in Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php at line 327
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->_fixupObjectName() in Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php at line 346
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->getObject() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/S3.php at line 108
bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_S3->_downloadFile() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/Abstract.php at line 253
bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_Abstract->_tryDownloadFile() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/Abstract.php at line 655
bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_Abstract->url_stat()
file_exists() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 23
XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 335
XenForo_Model_Avatar->_writeAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 206
XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 69
XenForo_Model_Avatar->uploadAvatar() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 551
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bogirginc1/public_html/index.php at line 13

Getting this error below while trying to upload an avatar even though I uploaded my S3 keys to cofig.php. Was I suppose to add my S3 keys elsewhere too @xfrocks?:/

Code:
Bucket name "" contains invalid characters
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->_validBucketName() in Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php at line 327
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->_fixupObjectName() in Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php at line 346
Zend_Service_Amazon_S3->getObject() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/S3.php at line 108
bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_S3->_downloadFile() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/Abstract.php at line 253
bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_Abstract->_tryDownloadFile() in bdDataStorage/StreamWrapper/Abstract.php at line 655
bdDataStorage_StreamWrapper_Abstract->url_stat()
file_exists() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 23
XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 335
XenForo_Model_Avatar->_writeAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 206
XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 69
XenForo_Model_Avatar->uploadAvatar() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 551
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bogirginc1/public_html/index.php at line 13
Looks like you configured it wrong. The library is complaining about a missing bucket name. Please share your config.php (the part for this add-on) via a conversation. I'll take a look.

Top Bottom