[bd] Data Storage [Deleted]

it will work for Xenforo resource manager ?
XenForo Resource Manager keeps its files in attachment system and this add-on handles attachments perfectly. It's important to note that attachment full files are stored in internal_data, only the thumbnail files are stored in data therefore only the thumbnail files will be uploaded the remote servers.

I'm not getting answers over on XFRocks site so I'm posting here in the hopes someone with experience with the add-on can advise:

Silly question, I know --- how do I copy my existing data folder over to S3 per your instructions before using this add-on? Do I also need to create a /data folder on S3?

Regarding data folder, I already use bd-attachments on S3, so do I assume I don't need to copy the /data/attachments over to S3 again?

Also, what about the other folders inside /data like /bdCache? It's huge and I'd rather not have to copy that one over. Does this add-on only deal with avatars? If so, I'd just upload data/avatars?

Appreciate any insight.

Many thanks,
Ray

I'm not getting answers over on XFRocks site so I'm posting here in the hopes someone with experience with the add-on can advise:

Silly question, I know --- how do I copy my existing data folder over to S3 per your instructions before using this add-on? Do I also need to create a /data folder on S3?

Regarding data folder, I already use bd-attachments on S3, so do I assume I don't need to copy the /data/attachments over to S3 again?

Also, what about the other folders inside /data like /bdCache? It's huge and I'd rather not have to copy that one over. Does this add-on only deal with avatars? If so, I'd just upload data/avatars?

Appreciate any insight.

Many thanks,
Ray
You can upload using any tools, it doesn't matter. We often use the official aws cli.

The add-on processes all files in data directory (data, attachment thumbnail, etc.). You need to upload everything inside data to S3. For bdCache, you need to upload it too. Normally the old files inside bdCache are deleted automatically so it shouldn't grow much in size though.

Got it, thanks. I ended up going with your unmaintained avatar only storage plugin and it works perfect for what we need. Didn't want any other files to go into the cloud as it is, our cache is pretty big!

Thanks!
Ray

@xfrocks does this addon work with Digital Ocean Spaces like bd attachment store does? (external data storage option)
I have quite a large amount of data to transfer to the Spaces, so I will need to use an external uploader (CyberDuck) for that.

This add-on won't be updated for XF2 because the file system in XF2 can be configured for remote storage by itself. You can do something like this in config.php:

PHP:
        $config['fsAdapters']['data'] = function () {
            return new \League\Flysystem\Adapter\Ftp([
                'host' => 'ftp.domain.com',
                'username' => 'xxx',
                'password' => '123456',
                'passive' => true,
                'root' => '/home/xxx/domains/ftp.domain.com/public_html/data',
            ]);
        };
        $config['externalDataUrl'] = 'http://ftp.domain.com/data';

This add-on won't be updated for XF2 because the file system in XF2 can be configured for remote storage by itself. You can do something like this in config.php:

PHP:
        $config['fsAdapters']['data'] = function () {
            return new \League\Flysystem\Adapter\Ftp([
                'host' => 'ftp.domain.com',
                'username' => 'xxx',
                'password' => '123456',
                'passive' => true,
                'root' => '/home/xxx/domains/ftp.domain.com/public_html/data',
            ]);
        };
        $config['externalDataUrl'] = 'http://ftp.domain.com/data';
What about external amazon s3 storage ? That is just ftp ? @xfrocks

Last edited:
This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom