[bd] Cache [Deleted]

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Cache - Faster and faster.

Note: This add-on is available freely for users who purchased upgrades at my site xfrocks.com, the cost here ($5) is for the one month upgrade. After upgrade expiration, user will not be able to get add-on updates.

[FEATURES]
1. "Cache Pages" (guests only) for top speed
2. Admin can purge cache for individual page any time
3. "CSS to file" for faster serving, make it possible to put stylesheets behind CDN

[SUPPORTED PAGES]
Built-in:
Forum List...

Read more about this resource...

Some non-scientific page time test results. Please note:
  • The overhead is mostly caused by "CSS to file" feature, the "Cache Pages" feature has very low overhead itself.
  • "Cache Pages" reduce page time AND memory usage AND other server resources too. For example: less PHP script to load (it is normal to load 100+ files per request, this add-on usually cuts that down to 60-something files).
  • Yes, my test server is slow.

XenPorta first page:
portal_page_1.webp
Overhead: 0.2337 - 0.2006 = 0.0331 (16%)
Saving: 0.2006 - 0.1258 = 0.0748 (37%)

XenPorta second page:
portal_page_2.webp
Overhead: 0.2606 - 0.2060 = 0.0546 (26%)
Saving: 0.2060 - 0.1271 = 0.0789 (38%)

Thread View first page:
thread_page_1.webp
Overhead: 0.3098 - 0.3016 = 0.0082 (2%)
Saving: 0.3016 - 0.1499 = 0.1517 (50%)

Thread View second page (no cache):
thread_page_2.webp
Overhead: 0.2905 - 0.2512 = 0.0393 (15%)

Last edited:
So it caches everything mentioned to the hard drive? How does it work with xCache for example that caches stuff to the memory? For how long pages are cached (can I control it?)?

So it caches everything mentioned to the hard drive? How does it work with xCache for example that caches stuff to the memory? For how long pages are cached (can I control it?)?
If there is a cache backend, it will store the data in that for better performance.
By default, pages are cached for 10 minutes. It is an option in AdminCP > Options > Performance with [bd] Cache.

If there is a cache backend, it will store the data in that for better performance.
By default, pages are cached for 10 minutes. It is an option in AdminCP > Options > Performance with [bd] Cache.
Does it have anything that controls changes? Foe example "Forum List" is cached, what if I add a new node, would it show immediately? What if someone comments, would it show that this user has commented in a specific node in the Forum List?

Does it have anything that controls changes? Foe example "Forum List" is cached, what if I add a new node, would it show immediately? What if someone comments, would it show that this user has commented in a specific node in the Forum List?
No. It will not monitor for changes. If something is urgent that you need to update it asap, you can purge cache for that specific page.

No. It will not monitor for changes. If something is urgent that you need to update it asap, you can purge cache for that specific page.
So if I choose 10 minutes for the caching, posts in threads would be updated once in 10 minutes?

For threads, the last page is not cache. If a thread has 10 pages, only the first 9 are cached, the 10th is left uncached until the thread reaches page 11. That way people will always be able to see the latest posts.
Sorry for my many questions, I just want to get to the bottom of this add-on. Why thread list isn't cached? (it's not listed in the description).
What triggers caching again after let's say 10 minutes? user(s) action(s) or this is somewhat automatically?

Sorry for my many questions, I just want to get to the bottom of this add-on. Why thread list isn't cached? (it's not listed in the description).
What triggers caching again after let's say 10 minutes? user(s) action(s) or this is somewhat automatically?
No problem, feel free to ask :)

Thread list is not cached because it is displayed in reversed chronological order and caching will interfere too much to user experience. After 10 minutes, it will refresh itself when a guest visit the page.

Finding that the times in debugging info substantially increase when using this addon, though the queries marginally get reduced. Anyone got any stats on how well they are faring using this?

Finding that the times in debugging info substantially increase when using this addon, though the queries marginally get reduced. Anyone got any stats on how well they are faring using this?
Time for guest or for users? Guest page time should be increased for cache-able pages. But that is offset when the cache is served.

Yes, I should have been clearer it is for guests. Is the time how long it takes for the page to be shown to the user?

Do we have an option to reduce cache time for say forum list? It becomes problematic when new posts are updated on forum list only every 10 mins (and with addon like ******* Statistics).

Top Bottom