[bd] Cache [Deleted]

this is really necessary?
Rich (BB code):
CHANGELOG 1.1.0:
  • Added new config.php option: bdCache_forceFile, bdCache_useSystemTmp
  • Added new option: Cache countThreads
  • Added daily version checking from xfrocks.com
The addon have just few updates each year. checking daily the version on your site is too much, imo.

this is really necessary?
Rich (BB code):
CHANGELOG 1.1.0:
  • Added new config.php option: bdCache_forceFile, bdCache_useSystemTmp
  • Added new option: Cache countThreads
  • Added daily version checking from xfrocks.com
The addon have just few updates each year. checking daily the version on your site is too much, imo.
It is a beta system and does not support longer checking period for now. By default, it is turned off anyway so you can safely ignore it.

I have these codes in my config.php would these cause any trouble ?

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';

and is there anyway to buy this addon for a full year ? I mean without upgrade thing.

And I don't want every manager have the "purge cache" ability. Is there anyway to turn it off ? Or how I can delete it from header ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.webp
    Screenshot_1.webp
    836 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have these codes in my config.php would these cause any trouble ?

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';

and is there anyway to buy this addon for a full year ? I mean without upgrade thing.

And I don't want every manager have the "purge cache" ability. Is there anyway to turn it off ? Or how I can delete it from header ?
You must configure a cache backend too. Please read this document https://xenforo.com/help/cache/

You have the right to use the add-on as long as you want, you only need to purchase if you want to upgrade to future version.

Currently the purge feature allows all admin (as configured in AdminCP) to purge any pages. You can delete the contents of "bdcache_moderator_bar" to remove that feature completely.

What is the purpose of caching XenForo_Model_Thread::countThreads? To speed up threadlist display when there are many pages?

With bd cache enabled, there isa conflict with ad monetise pro. You just see the banner ad and nothing else on the page, no forum - nothing but the ad.

@xfrocks

I have some questions about your this [bd] cache

1. If I pay $5 for one month and install it, do I need to pay the following month to keep using it, or is it further $5 just for updates?

2. Is there anything this doesn't work with in terms of addons and/or themes?

3. Does it work with the current XenForo version and will it work with future versions?

4. Does it work with a CDN?

Last edited:
With bd cache enabled, there isa conflict with ad monetise pro. You just see the banner ad and nothing else on the page, no forum - nothing but the ad.

This only happens if you have the defer javascript option turned on. I believe there is a blacklist option for this as well so you can set certain javascript files to stay in the head tag, though I'm not 100% sure.

Reactions: rdn
1. If I pay $5 for one month and install it, do I need to pay the following month to keep using it, or is it further $5 just for updates?
You can use it as long as you want, but you can't download anymore after 1 month unless you pay $5 again .
2. Is there anything this doesn't work with in terms of addons and/or themes?
It's Defer JS feature only has conflict sometimes with ads.
3. Does it work with the current XenForo version
Yes.
4. Does it work with a CDN?
Yes.

Is it possible that [bd] cache is making my conditional not work? On my forum_list I am using <xen:if is="{$visitor.from_search}"> to display an advertisement if the user comes from search. I click through from search but wondering if the forum is serving me a cached version from whoever loaded it 2 minutes prior?

Is it possible that [bd] cache is making my conditional not work? On my forum_list I am using <xen:if is="{$visitor.from_search}"> to display an advertisement if the user comes from search. I click through from search but wondering if the forum is serving me a cached version from whoever loaded it 2 minutes prior?
Yes, that is possible.

I get "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." on ACP after installing this addon.

Disabling all xen addons and then viewing the logfile show:
"$apiUrl is invalid: - library/bdCache/ShippableHelper/Updater.php:50"
"Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Cron::getTimeZone() - library/Siropu/Chat/CronEntry.php:38"
Looks like a bad upload, can you try to upload the files again? If that doesn't fix the issue, try going to AdminCP > Options > Debug, scroll to bottom and disable the checkbox of the auto updater.

Sometimes, when I want to edit some thread using [more options]:
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 7.16.20 PM.webp
I get this bunch of errors on my console:
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 7.21.59 PM.webp
apparently related with db cache? because with the addon disabled everything works perfect and the errors gone.
I'm still using the previous version (1.0.7) any idea?

Top Bottom