[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Random question, but can anyone throw a dollar figure at me for say, serving 1000gb per month through amazon?
Need more info. Who is your primary audience. 1TB is bandwidth but how much is your storage? Do you have CDN?

Random question, but can anyone throw a dollar figure at me for say, serving 1000gb per month through amazon?

$120. The first 10TB are billed at $0.12/GB. There are also charges for gets and puts, but those are extremely minimal. Sign up for a AWS account, all the details are there.

As this works with Showcase and XenMediaGallery, is it possible to just use it for serving the images via a CDN, rather than having them loaded onto S3 / remote FTP?

I've currently got Tinhte Attachment Image Optimization installed for using the CDN URL, but would like to get it working with Showcase and XenMediaGallery.

As this works with Showcase and XenMediaGallery, is it possible to just use it for serving the images via a CDN, rather than having them loaded onto S3 / remote FTP?

I've currently got Tinhte Attachment Image Optimization installed for using the CDN URL, but would like to get it working with Showcase and XenMediaGallery.

Then you can use the external data working mode. Instead of storing attachment to internal_data, the add-on will store it in data directory.

just wondering
how much do you think will it cost in amazon s3 for a 100gb/month data transfer?

So S3 is getting pretty expensive for me is it possible to get like a unlimited shared server and ftp to that site to store data?

I currently use a CDN, which handles avatars and site graphics. It doesn't appear to handle attachments. I'm getting ready to use XenMedia, so I'm considering this add-on. Does this add-on work in conjunction with my CDN. In other words, I don't need to change my current setup, but rather append it with the Amazon S3 setup you detail in the directions on your site?

I currently use a CDN, which handles avatars and site graphics. It doesn't appear to handle attachments. I'm getting ready to use XenMedia, so I'm considering this add-on. Does this add-on work in conjunction with my CDN. In other words, I don't need to change my current setup, but rather append it with the Amazon S3 setup you detail in the directions on your site?

You can use the external data mode to store data in your server and use your CDN as usual. Or you can store the files in S3. They all work with XenForo Media Gallery add-on.

Sorry no. Only attachment data (as in post, resource).

Awe :-\ Well if y'all add options for Avatars and other data, I am in.. I am trying to find an option that will allow me to easily load balance servers in different AWS zones while maintaining a singular managed data store. As it stands someone could upload a new avatar and then reload their page and find it missing because it needs to be copied to the other servers :-\ However if y'all no a way around this outside of this please let me know.. I am not an expert by any means!

Awe :-\ Well if y'all add options for Avatars and other data, I am in.. I am trying to find an option that will allow me to easily load balance servers in different AWS zones while maintaining a singular managed data store. As it stands someone could upload a new avatar and then reload their page and find it missing because it needs to be copied to the other servers :-\ However if y'all no a way around this outside of this please let me know.. I am not an expert by any means!

Other from avatars, there are other data relies on /data directory too. I will look further into this.

Top Bottom