[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

I just moved 450k+ images using this addon to /data/attachment-files/ directory.
(without Maintain File Name option check).
So my 450k+ images are filename as: {data_id}_{file_hash}.{extension}

Now I just enable "Maintain File Name"
as I want all images to have this filename: {data_id}_{name}.{extension}

How can I update old images on /data/attachment-files/ to have the new file name?
I've run the Move Tool, but it doesn't change old files.

Thanks a lot Sir.

I just moved 450k+ images using this addon to /data/attachment-files/ directory.
(without Maintain File Name option check).
So my 450k+ images are filename as: {data_id}_{file_hash}.{extension}

Now I just enable "Maintain File Name"
as I want all images to have this filename: {data_id}_{name}.{extension}

How can I update old images on /data/attachment-files/ to have the new file name?
I've run the Move Tool, but it doesn't change old files.

Thanks a lot Sir.
The safest way is to switch back to Default, run the move tool, then switch to external data (with maintain filename) and run the move tool.

• Sad
Reactions: rdn
Is there anyone who has installed this add-on and familiar with how to setup the s3 bucket and various other settings willing to help me? I admit, this get's a little over my head when it comes to what to do. The installation instructions are lacking big time and the support is let's say, lacking as well.
I've already installed the add on, created my bucket, and started the transfer process, but my attachments still aren't working. I've asked for support from xfrocks, and I'm not getting it unfortunately.

I'm willing to pay you for your time to help me.

Are you still using this version for XF 1 or have you migrated to XF 2 yet? Just want to make sure you’re following the correct instructions and using the right addon version.
I'm still using XF1.

Here's my biggest problem. The attachments aren't showing up on my forums. Here is what I see when I try and view an attachment.

Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>560296BDB4411371</RequestId>
<HostId>
SDPF1aopercmwOC/VbGdFlwRaXOh0ALjotb+l5XxZgmDq2hmBnEO41d19BSsRxr/D9ERJyoPPCk=
</HostId>
</Error>

Now, after doing some searching, I changed a setting in the cloudfront distribution settings here>>>>
Code:
Restrict Viewer Access
(Use Signed URLs or
Signed Cookies)

and I changed that setting from Yes to No. But that hasn't done anything.

I wonder if your install was done correctly, especially as it pertains to uploading the XML file. Do you manually upload the install files via FTP or do you use an addon such as Chris D’s Install and Upgrade that simplifies the install or upgrade process? Here’s Chris D’s addon https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-on-install-upgrade.960/ for installing addons. The only other thing that comes to mind is do you have ACP > Options > Attachments configured to allow XML files to be posted to your forum? I don’t know why you would but different strokes for different folks.

I installed it correctly. I've installed a lot of add-on's. I uploaded the files via FTP. Then installed the XML file.
The problem isn't the add-on not working. The problem is the files are now transferred to the s3 location, but my attachments aren't showing anymore at my site. Here is the new url of one of my attachments. [link removed]
This is also the same error I get when you click "download file" on any of my resources.

Last edited:
I’m seeing a stock car image when I click on the link.

Edit: you must have done something because I see images on your forum in the Resources section of several Indy style race cars.

Last edited:
I’m seeing a stock car image when I click on the link.

Edit: you must have done something because I see images on your forum in the Resources section of several Indy style race cars.
Yes. After 2 days of playing around with settings, and google searching, I had to make several adjustments to my s3 bucket settings and permissions as well as cloudfront settings and permissions. Settings that weren't specified at all in the severely lacking installation instructions. And with absolutely no help from xfrocks.

This add-on is not for beginners or who have no idea about s3 buckets and cloudfront as I had the hard lesson of finding out. xfrocks screenshots of settings he has made as an example on what to do to set up our own buckets and cloudfront settings are far outdated and he could use a much more informative install instructions. As well as better support. I don't consider him asking 1 question in a 24 hour period support. Especially when I already answered his question previously.

I am currently using the 1.x plugin version and am about to upgrade to XF 2.1. How do I upgrade this plugin for XF 2.1? When I initially migrate the old plugin will be disabled. When I install this new version will it find my old attachment store settings and "re-associate" attachments to threads?

OR do I need to migrate attachments back to my server before I upgrade the forum and then install the 2.x version and then migrate them back to s3?

This is interesting functionality but I cant believe it hasnt been updated in years. This seems really dangerous to try to move my 30GB of attachments :/

I am currently using the 1.x plugin version and am about to upgrade to XF 2.1. How do I upgrade this plugin for XF 2.1? When I initially migrate the old plugin will be disabled. When I install this new version will it find my old attachment store settings and "re-associate" attachments to threads?

OR do I need to migrate attachments back to my server before I upgrade the forum and then install the 2.x version and then migrate them back to s3?
Just upgrade (DO NOT UNINSTALL) and the new version will pick up old storage options and continue to work.

I repeat, do not uninstall the XF1 version because doing that will drop storage option column from your database.

This is interesting functionality but I cant believe it hasnt been updated in years. This seems really dangerous to try to move my 30GB of attachments :/
This XF1 version is very stable so it doesn't need continuous upgrades.

Reactions: rdn
That's about 40 errors for 500k files, 0.8% -- not too bad.

Oh, the attachment ID is different from data ID. If you want to find the attachment ID for data ID 123, run this MySQL query:

Code:
SELECT attachment_id FROM xf_attachment WHERE data_id = 123;

So what happens to the failures? Are they attempted again?

Top Bottom