[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Does this work with keycdn - my XF is using it already but what to have attachments that way too.. If yes - which options to set in attactments store?
Hi there,

Sorry for the late response, you can use their Push Zone and configure this add-on to upload files there via FTP.

although "Enforce Attachment Permission" is checked but all groups even guests can download attachments! (it doesn't respect the permissions at all. Even with a direct link it can be downloaded)

although "Enforce Attachment Permission" is checked but all groups even guests can download attachments! (it doesn't respect the permissions at all. Even with a direct link it can be downloaded)
This is the designed behavior. If you give out the direct link, there will be no protection.
If you enable the enforce option, the add-on will not reveal the direct link in posts, it will use /attachments/123/ link and perform a permission check every time user accesses that link and only make the redirection after a successful result. If you absolutely want to protect the attachment content, the only choice is to use CloudFront with their signature protected link (the files need to be in S3 for this to work).

I have a strange issue when using xenforo media gallery whereby some media are not uploaded to S3, and sometimes the thumbnails are unavailable, when i attempt to delete existing thumbnail to trigger recreation it fails with the message, file not found.

I have a strange issue when using xenforo media gallery whereby some media are not uploaded to S3, and sometimes the thumbnails are unavailable, when i attempt to delete existing thumbnail to trigger recreation it fails with the message, file not found.
Do you use delayed processing?

@xfrocks I'm having some issues after updating to the latest version, we tested a migration to S3 (then did a U-Turn for other reasons) and reverted back to using the '/data/' directory on our own server. Seemed solid for a couple of days, then some attachments started going walkabouts, trying to rebuild the attachment cache I get the following:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'attachment_data.bdattachmentstore_engine' in 'where clause'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, any idea how we could be missing the database column suddenly?

@xfrocks I'm having some issues after updating to the latest version, we tested a migration to S3 (then did a U-Turn for other reasons) and reverted back to using the '/data/' directory on our own server. Seemed solid for a couple of days, then some attachments started going walkabouts, trying to rebuild the attachment cache I get the following:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'attachment_data.bdattachmentstore_engine' in 'where clause'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, any idea how we could be missing the database column suddenly?
That sounds wrong, please check table xf_attachment_data in your db and see if the column is actually missing.

I can see that "bdattachmentstore_engine" and "bdattachmentstore_options" are both there but all data seems to be set to NULL.

EDIT: Actually jumping ahead I can see real values for many rows.

I can see that "bdattachmentstore_engine" and "bdattachmentstore_options" are both there but all data seems to be set to NULL.

EDIT: Actually jumping ahead I can see real values for many rows.
Then looks like a conflict with some other add-on. Can you send me the error stack trace via convo?

Is this compatible with the newly released Xenforo 1.5.12 update? I'm hesitant to upgrade Xenforo as it changes upload from Flash to HTML5 and I'm not sure what impact that will have on breaking [BD] Attachment Store.

Is this compatible with the newly released Xenforo 1.5.12 update? I'm hesitant to upgrade Xenforo as it changes upload from Flash to HTML5 and I'm not sure what impact that will have on breaking [BD] Attachment Store.
We have just run though our tests with v1.5.12 and everything works great. It's good to go, being able to select multiple files in Safari is awesome :love:

Top Bottom