[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

What is the difference between bd attachment and bd data storage?
The attachment add-on (this one) only handles attachment files (full size and thumbnail).
The [bd] Data Storage add-on only handles files in data/ directory. By default, this directory contains avatar, attachment thumbnail. If you have XenForo Media Gallery, that add-on keeps a larger thumbnail in data/ too.

So it's better to have both, for the attachments incl. media gallery full images + all avatars and media gallery thumbs in /data?

So it's better to have both, for the attachments incl. media gallery full images + all avatars and media gallery thumbs in /data?
It depends on your usage pattern. Attachment heavy site will need [bd] Attachment Store but it probably won't need [bd] Data Storage because avatars don't need that much space. But yeah, many of our customers run both together.

Hello,

Reading the comment you made here regarding the ability to reverse attachment storage should one choose to uninstall the plugin... https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-attachment-store-paid.49712/#post-531819

I was just looking into this and notice the option for: Keep Local Copy - Enable this option to keep a local copy in default locations. Doing this allow you to disable/uninstall this add-on anytime without any disruption in serving attachments.

Would this have to have been enabled from the beginning? In other words, I had been using the plugin for several years, but have no decided to move to another platform. I am unable to migrate the data unless its a default setup, so now I need to restore my posts and attachments back to a default configuration. How can I achieve this, if that setting was not activated since the beginning?

Appreciate the plugin... Just decided the Xenforo was no longer good for us so changing to a different system.

Thank you in advance for any information on how I can fix the situation.

Hello,

Reading the comment you made here regarding the ability to reverse attachment storage should one choose to uninstall the plugin... https://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-attachment-store-paid.49712/#post-531819

I was just looking into this and notice the option for: Keep Local Copy - Enable this option to keep a local copy in default locations. Doing this allow you to disable/uninstall this add-on anytime without any disruption in serving attachments.

Would this have to have been enabled from the beginning? In other words, I had been using the plugin for several years, but have no decided to move to another platform. I am unable to migrate the data unless its a default setup, so now I need to restore my posts and attachments back to a default configuration. How can I achieve this, if that setting was not activated since the beginning?

Appreciate the plugin... Just decided the Xenforo was no longer good for us so changing to a different system.

Thank you in advance for any information on how I can fix the situation.

You can change the add-on option to default storage then run the move data tool. I will download all your files from remote server (FTP, S3, etc.) and put them back where they should be. Then your migration tool should be able to continue from there.

Hi xFrocks,

This is great to hear. Would you please explain the move tool? I am unable to find it after changing attachment store to the default setup.

Thank you!

Can’t for the life of me find the move tool you’ve described. Even updated the plugin and searched the XF tools.

Need a little help with how to use this tool when you have a moment.

Thank you!

Hi xFrocks,

This is great to hear. Would you please explain the move tool? I am unable to find it after changing attachment store to the default setup.

Thank you!

Sorry for not being clear, the tool is in AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild Caches, search for Move Attachment Data.

I've followed instructions for and used AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > Move Attachment Data. It didn't take too long, perhaps like 20 minutes to run the full cycle and return to the Rebuild Caches. Checking via FTP, I don't see the image files, but rather still see a lot of the .data files that were present earlier. Hoping @xfrocks or someone with knowledge can explain how this process works? Is it now going to start copying as a background task of some sort? Is that how this works? Sorry for all the questions, just unclear and I know this will take a long time with almost 6.3 million posts on our forum and probably many more attachments. Obviously our forum is down while this is happening so eager to ensure I'm not doing something wrong or somehow wasting additional time needlessly by mistake.

Thank you.

I've followed instructions for and used AdminCP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > Move Attachment Data. It didn't take too long, perhaps like 20 minutes to run the full cycle and return to the Rebuild Caches. Checking via FTP, I don't see the image files, but rather still see a lot of the .data files that were present earlier. Hoping @xfrocks or someone with knowledge can explain how this process works? Is it now going to start copying as a background task of some sort? Is that how this works? Sorry for all the questions, just unclear and I know this will take a long time with almost 6.3 million posts on our forum and probably many more attachments. Obviously our forum is down while this is happening so eager to ensure I'm not doing something wrong or somehow wasting additional time needlessly by mistake.

Thank you.
That doesn't sound right. The download is done via the deferred system and a browser session will keep refreshing to move along.

Just a heads up for those following this thread...

For starters @xfrocks is an amazingly talented developer. Even the support staff at the new platform we're moving too complimented how great his plugin is designed. Further, he has been a huge help throughout this process. Besides answering here, we have also private messaged and he has now helped via Skype. Honestly, its beyond anything I would expect of a plugin developer and truly excellent assistance.

In the end, Xenforo wasn't the right platform for us at this point in time, but @xfrocks and his plugins are certainly one of the great benefits of this platform.

Thank you!

So how on earth can we scan attachments for viruses when these are uploaded to S3 bucket or DO Spaces?
Has anyone figured this out?

Before we were hosting the attachment files on the main server. Not on DO spaces. IN a normal setup you can just run clamAV on your server. But if you host your attachments externally on DO Spaces then you cannot install antivirus. Because its file hosting only.

No, how were you scanning them before? If you setup the delayed attachment processing, I'd think that same process would work.

ClamAV does a daily scan of the main webserver. With delayed processing members complain that their attachment does work.

So how on earth can we scan attachments for viruses when these are uploaded to S3 bucket or DO Spaces?
Has anyone figured this out?
It depends on your scan setup. As @fly suggested, you can use delayed processing. It should work as usual, not cleared why your members complained that way?

Some scanner supports URL scanning, so maybe look into that?

Top Bottom