[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Ok, but these are broken (screenshot above).
  1. So, you say "attachments thumbs" will be in S3 - all should be fine, local copy in data/attachments/114-266
  2. And Xengallery thumbs are currently broken, will not be moved to S3, I have to re-create those and then they will be saved in data/xengallery/114-266?
So, is both correct please?

Ok, but these are broken (screenshot above).
  1. So, you say "attachments thumbs" will be in S3 - all should be fine, local copy in data/attachments/114-266
  2. And Xengallery thumbs are currently broken, will not be moved to S3, I have to re-create those and then they will be saved in data/xengallery/114-266?
So, is both correct please?
Both are correct.

Thank you so much, @xfrocks.
AWESOME that you answer here so quickly, what a relief. Moving will be finished in 30 minutes or so, can't await the solution.

One last question, please: It is enough to run the move tool once to get safely ALL images?

While reading these threads here and on your site, I've read something like "run it several times to get all images". But this was maybe something different (external data, manually copied or something similar).

Thank you so much, @xfrocks.
AWESOME that you answer here so quickly, what a relief. Moving will be finished in 30 minutes or so, can't await the solution.

One last question, please: It is enough to run the move tool once to get safely ALL images?

While reading these threads here and on your site, I've read something like "run it several times to get all images". But this was maybe something different (external data, manually copied or something similar).
That depends on your network conditions. Sometimes a few will fail because of transfer error, running the move tool again will take care of those. The tool will ignore files that are already moved so it should be fast.

Generating thumbs for Xengallery seems to work. Hurray!
So, some quick notes in an FAQ or so could probably be helpful. ;)

In any case: THANK YOU for your time and support!

has anyone had any success moving attachments out of S3 to "default", i've tested it on a couple of installs and it doesn't work, looking at this thread a number of other people have said it doesn't work either.

I'm reluctant to commit to moving over a million images to s3 unless i can guarantee that i can get them out... i don't want to use the Keep Local option as i'm trying to decouple my attachments, that's the real reason to move them to s3 in the first place. plus i want to save the costs on EBS storage.

@xfrocks
I upgraded from 1.3.0 to 1.3.5b. So cloing forums, deactivating, run upgrade, activating.
Before I upgraded to XenForo 1.5.16b and chmod 777 * within /data/

Now I cannot upload anymore to XenGallery. Again, I need urgently help please - what is going wrong here?
Old attachments are working, but uploading new immediatly stops.

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Failed to write the attachment file. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php:146
Generated By: user, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/forum/library/bdAttachmentStore/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php(54): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave()
#1 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): bdAttachmentStore_XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave()
#2 /var/www/forum/library/XenGallery/Model/File.php(125): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#3 /var/www/forum/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/File.php(201): XenGallery_Model_File->insertUploadedAttachmentData(Object(XenForo_Upload), 2, Array)
#4 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_File->actionDoUpload()
#5 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /var/www/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(167) "https://www.domain.de/album/files/do-upload.json?hash=95bddc4aa04c8a12278d1785d5d54842&content_type=xengallery_media&upload_type=image_upload&key=image_upload"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["/album/files/do-upload_json"] => string(0) ""
    ["hash"] => string(32) "95bddc4aa04c8a12278d1785d5d54842"
    ["content_type"] => string(16) "xengallery_media"
    ["upload_type"] => string(12) "image_upload"
    ["key"] => string(12) "image_upload"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["_xfSessionId"] => string(32) "2327b7f49cba6a37f3140eada61f6df7"
    ["content_data"] => array(1) {
      ["album_id"] => string(4) "5992"
    }
    ["flowChunkNumber"] => string(1) "1"
    ["flowChunkSize"] => string(10) "4294967296"
    ["flowCurrentChunkSize"] => string(6) "283737"
    ["flowTotalSize"] => string(6) "283737"
    ["flowIdentifier"] => string(18) "283737-00_Coverjpg"
    ["flowFilename"] => string(12) "00_Cover.jpg"
    ["flowRelativePath"] => string(12) "00_Cover.jpg"
    ["flowTotalChunks"] => string(1) "1"
  }
}
Delete...Close

Last edited:
Is it an error / requirement by this addon or by S3/Cloudflare, that attachments does not count anymore the views/downloads and only show "0"?

@xfrocks - are you intending on porting this over to XF2, if so do you have a rough timescale please?
Following for the answer to this.
We have a beta up and under testing now. Please contact me via conversation to gain early access. Please note that it's a beta version and should not be used with production data.

Is it an error / requirement by this addon or by S3/Cloudflare, that attachments does not count anymore the views/downloads and only show "0"?
That's by design. Remote files (not just S3, this applies to other modes too) are linked directly to the file servers so they are not counted in anyway.

@xfrocks
I upgraded from 1.3.0 to 1.3.5b. So cloing forums, deactivating, run upgrade, activating.
Before I upgraded to XenForo 1.5.16b and chmod 777 * within /data/

Now I cannot upload anymore to XenGallery. Again, I need urgently help please - what is going wrong here?
Old attachments are working, but uploading new immediatly stops.

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Failed to write the attachment file. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php:146
Generated By: user, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/forum/library/bdAttachmentStore/XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php(54): XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave()
#1 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1423): bdAttachmentStore_XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave()
#2 /var/www/forum/library/XenGallery/Model/File.php(125): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#3 /var/www/forum/library/XenGallery/ControllerPublic/File.php(201): XenGallery_Model_File->insertUploadedAttachmentData(Object(XenForo_Upload), 2, Array)
#4 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): XenGallery_ControllerPublic_File->actionDoUpload()
#5 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /var/www/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(167) "https://www.domain.de/album/files/do-upload.json?hash=95bddc4aa04c8a12278d1785d5d54842&content_type=xengallery_media&upload_type=image_upload&key=image_upload"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["/album/files/do-upload_json"] => string(0) ""
    ["hash"] => string(32) "95bddc4aa04c8a12278d1785d5d54842"
    ["content_type"] => string(16) "xengallery_media"
    ["upload_type"] => string(12) "image_upload"
    ["key"] => string(12) "image_upload"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["_xfSessionId"] => string(32) "2327b7f49cba6a37f3140eada61f6df7"
    ["content_data"] => array(1) {
      ["album_id"] => string(4) "5992"
    }
    ["flowChunkNumber"] => string(1) "1"
    ["flowChunkSize"] => string(10) "4294967296"
    ["flowCurrentChunkSize"] => string(6) "283737"
    ["flowTotalSize"] => string(6) "283737"
    ["flowIdentifier"] => string(18) "283737-00_Coverjpg"
    ["flowFilename"] => string(12) "00_Cover.jpg"
    ["flowRelativePath"] => string(12) "00_Cover.jpg"
    ["flowTotalChunks"] => string(1) "1"
  }
}
Delete...Close
Does the version 1.3.5b work with Xenforo 1.5.16b?

Thank you for the counting info, @xfrocks

And what about the error, please? That error occours with every try to upload an image into XenGallery or as attachment.
Upgrading went fine without error, I deactivated the addon before upgrading, upgraded, activated again. All while forums were closed.

XenForo runs on 1.5.16 (current version) , bd attachment store on 1.3.5b. No uploading possible because of this error.

Last edited:
Thank you for the counting info, @xfrocks

And what about the error, please? That error occours with every try to upload an image into XenGallery or as attachment.
Upgrading went fine without error, I deactivated the addon before upgrading, upgraded, activated again. All while forums were closed.
XenForo runs on 1.5.16 (current version) , bd attachment store on 1.3.5b. Now uploading possible because of this error.
Have you checked server error log for other error messages, there may be some? Did you change the attachment storage? Which mode are you using? S3 or FTP? Finally, please enable debug mode in config.php (put $config['debug'] = true; at the end of the file) and try uploading again. You will get a bunch of logs file in internal_data, please compress and send me via email pony at xfrocks dot com.

Nothing changed, it's S3 with Cloudflare. No further errors, just this one - one for every upload try.
I am so sorry but cannot debug. I rolled back (some hours of work), because it's hyper high season at the moment, with users uploading several hundreds of images and more every day. They would have killed me...

Will have a deeper look into server logs.

Rolling back to 1.3.0 immediately made it work again, same settings, with xf1.5.16. So it's related with attachment store 1.3.5b

Nothing changed, it's S3 with Cloudflare. No further errors, just this one - one for every upload try.
I am so sorry but cannot debug. I rolled back (some hours of work), because it's hyper high season at the moment, with users uploading several hundreds of images and more every day. They would have killed me...

Rolling back to 1.3.0 immediately made it work again, same settings, with xf1.5.16. So it's related with attachment store 1.3.5b
That is understood. I will try to replicate the issue on our server and see if it comes up. Sorry for the trouble.

Can you take a screenshot of the S3 configuration and send me via conversation? Blurring out the keys are okie, but I need to know the other options e.g. bucket path or cname bucket, which region, etc.

Top Bottom