[bd] Attachment Store [Deleted]

Can I use this addon with nobita image optimizer and KeyCdn ?
I don't have the optimizer add-on but I guess it should work with new attachment and won't allow the optimizer to run on files already on remote storage (S3, ftp).
KeyCDN should be okie.

Hi,

If AWS is chosen to store files can the elastic transcoding handle the video conversion as opposed to FFMGEG on your site?

Going to purchase tomorrow. Just got XFMG setup. Is it correct that I can choose FTP to another web account and have the images/videos stored only there and not the server which xenforo exists? Will cloudflare on this other web account cause issues?

Going to purchase tomorrow. Just got XFMG setup. Is it correct that I can choose FTP to another web account and have the images/videos stored only there and not the server which xenforo exists? Will cloudflare on this other web account cause issues?
That's correct. The FTP server can be anywhere independent of the XenForo server.

Hi @xfrocks

I purchased and installed and set for ftp. Was able to upload images and mp4 video which went to remote server location. When uploading wmv videos that will be transcoded the transcoding fails when using the remote ftp. When I set back for default the wmv processes correctly and is converted to mp4. Do you know what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Hi @xfrocks

I purchased and installed and set for ftp. Was able to upload images and mp4 video which went to remote server location. When uploading wmv videos that will be transcoded the transcoding fails when using the remote ftp. When I set back for default the wmv processes correctly and is converted to mp4. Do you know what may be causing this?

Thanks!
What are you using for transcoding? I believe you have an add-on for that?

Is there no way to prevent this add-on from making every attachment in a post a thumbnail?

Our users insert the full image into each post and this add-on seems strip full images out of posts.

Am I missing something? I have tested and tested but every time I move attachments over to External Path it removes all [ attach ] and [ attach=full ] from posts? Anyway around this?

Am I missing something? I have tested and tested but every time I move attachments over to External Path it removes all [ attach ] and [ attach=full ] from posts? Anyway around this?
That sounds wrong. Please confirm your steps so I can reproduce your issue:
  • Set attachment storage to Default.
  • Upload files.
  • Insert photos into post, some thumbnail, some full.
  • Check internal_data/attachments, found the full files. Check data/attachments, the thumbnail are there.
  • Set attachment storage to External Data.
  • Run move tool.
  • Check data/attachment-files, both full files and thumbnail found.
  • Check post: all thumbnail and full inside post message are gone. They still show up at the bottom of the post though.

Top Bottom