Resource icon

[bd] Anonymous Posting 2.3.2

No permission to download

xfrocks

xfrocks submitted a new resource:

[bd] Anonymous Posting (version 2.0) - Posting as nobody know who you are.

[bd] Anonymous Posting
Posting as nobody know who you are.

[INSTALLATION]
1. Upload files and directories inside `upload` to XenForo's root directory. Select "Merge" for everything if you are asked.
2. Import the .xml file using XenForo addon importer
3. Enjoy

This addon does support attachment posting. The post will be posted as Guest with the display name of "Anonymous" unless a username is configured in AdminCP (Options > Threads, Discussions and Conversations > [Anonymous...

Read more about this resource...

What's the difference between this version and the older version?
That has been mentioned in the description:

Note to people who used v1.3.2 of this add-on: this is an updated version and you can upgrade it over the old version. However, the permission system has been redone so all the old options will be removed. You will have to use XenForo permission system to configure it. The two permissions are
  1. General/Reveal anonymously-posted posts
  2. Forum Permissions/Post anonymously

What does 1. mean?

2. was pretty much in the older version as well, as in pick n choose which forums to allow anon posts and ban members who abused the anon system.
In the old version, you set the excluded forum, revealers, banned users in the options. In this version, those options are removed. The permissions system is used instead. Make it possible to configure the permission usergroup based (instead of per user basis). Of course, you can still configure permission for each user individually, just use the permissions system.
The "Reveal anonymously-posted posts" in "General" group will allow user to see poster of anonymous posts (basically the same as the revealers option in the old version).
The "Post anonymously" in "Forum Permissions" can be configured in user group permission page or in forum permission page. In a specific forum, if a user has this permisison, he/she will be able to post anonymously.

Is there any difference between this one and if so, what?

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/anonymous-section.916/
This add-on supports more than one forums. No random username for posts. Stuff like that.
Ninja edit: This add-on is easier to install, I think.

This add-on supports more than one forums. No random username for posts. Stuff like that.

Interesting .....

Can I make a feature request if it's not to much trouble? Random user names would be nice to follow in a conversation..... Just a thought....

Although I do like how yours seems to be global (or can be setup as such)

Any chance that this will work in the future with Digital Point Spy?

Right now if you post anonymously, the Spy will laugh and post the real user anyway.
That's unfortunate but I have no solution for this because Digital Point Spy gets the current visitor user_id (XenForo_Visitor::getUserId()) instead of the post user_id when it adds data to the feed. You will have to contact him instead. Sorry.

Hmmm... will have to test, as DarkImmortals worked with the default MySQL search, but not ES... as XF still sends the data to ES against the users profile on his... thanks.

I just tested it with ES and it does work correctly, Nice work.

I have Naatan building me one at the moment that mimicks similar to DarkImmortals one, being on a per forum basis, without have to tick any boxes... though this is solid for a per post / thread basis. Does the same thing, strips everything back to just being a guest instead of trying to hide userid association which is the issue with DarkImmortals one when used with ES.

Nice work.

This is installed on my main site now to discover this issue.... the initial test was installed on a dev setup I use for such prior testing.

Hmmm... just went through and disabled mod by mod and tried... still got the error.

This is installed on my main site now to discover this issue.... the initial test was installed on a dev setup I use for such prior testing.

Hmmm... just went through and disabled mod by mod and tried... still got the error.
You have the problem because your site has a real user with the username "Anonymous", so when a new thread is created, the system found out the guest name is the same as an user's username. To fix this issue, you can change the phrase "anonymous_posting_poster" to something else or you can create a dedicated user account for anonymous posts and enter that user's username into AdminCP > Options > Threads, Discussion and Conversations > [Anonymous Posting] Poster.

Top Bottom