Other Basic Xenforo Facebook Canvas App

DRE

Paid Request: Quote Me What It Would Cost

Edit, I made it. It was easier said than done. I just need SSL to get it approved.

Project: Basic Facebook Canvas App that allows members to view and post from within the Xenforo forum from within Facebook.

There is another app that has been in development since 2011 by Mike Edge but he said it will take awhile.

For this app I do not require Xenforo notifications to be integrated within or any other type of integration. If you could do that would be great but if not, no big deal. What I need is just a basic canvas app, no frills etc.

Screenshot of what my site should look like within Facebook using my Facebook Theme with Responsive Design enabled. Here's a link to my exisiting Facebook theme now.

8thos Facebook.webp

Where did I ever say that? People are privately testing it already.
You said you would add me in the next beta but from your comments yesterday you kept referring to the Facebook as Your App when I was showing you what I thought the app would look like in my site. Does that mean your app only works for your site only? Cause that's the only reason I can think of you not understanding what I meant and if that is so, then it probably won't be working for other site's just yet.

You said you would add me in the next beta but from your comments yesterday you kept referring to the Facebook as Your App when I was showing you what I thought the app would look like in my site. Does that mean your app only works for your site only? Cause that's the only reason I can think of you not understanding what I meant and if that is so, then it probably won't be working for other site's just yet.

Never assume ;) Public beta will be out this week.

Reactions: DRE
I'd help fund this DRE. Looks like a great idea.
Thanks. I believe I need the Facebook app cause most of my members who used to post, now only post on Facebook instead of forums. Those users used to post great content, great content= more traffic, more signups and more money if i put advertisements back up.
Never assume ;) Public beta will be out this week.
Oh okay. You didn't have an exact date or estimate posted in that thread.
I'd really enjoy the notifications. It'd really add to it!
Of course I'll help fund it too :)
The problem with notifications is that if there is no way to turn them off in Facebook or if it isn't working properly, it would probably end up pissing users off. Too many notifications is one of the things my members have complained about Xenforo the most. Some members don't even think to go in their settings to turn them off, that's why a basic Xenforo app with no notifications is all I need. Anything extra is fine but if notifications can't be turned off then it's not gonna work out. Also that app seems to be very thoroughly integrated into Xenforo, some members do not want their Facebook friends to know that they are on a forum.

The problem with notifications is that if there is no way to turn them off in Facebook or if it isn't working properly, it would probably end up posting users off. Too many notifications is one of the things my members have complained about Xenforo the most. Some members don't even think to go in their settings to turn them off, that's why a basic Xenforo app with no notifications is all I need. Anything extra is fine but if notifications can't be turned off then it's not gonna work out. Also that app seems to be very thoroughly integrated into Xenforo, some members do not want their Facebook friends to know that they are on a forum.

Or... on my phone, I have FB notifications on for certain things. If you are a forum owner, you may not want all those alerts buzzing your phone. Would have to have some major configuration options added.

Well it depends on how the notifications system is created.
The developer could add an on/off setting. My simple idea was just to work through facebook *much like games*.

There are some facebook games that can be played outside of facebook and you don't get any notifications there, but you do get them on facebook. Simply turn them off via facebook like with any other app/group/page etc.

I'd like notifications ability *though I don't personally use notifications*. Something to be considered but I am fine with a basic portal.

The developer could add an on/off setting. My simple idea was just to work through facebook *much like games*.

There are some facebook games that can be played outside of facebook and you don't get any notifications there, but you do get them on facebook. Simply turn them off via facebook like with any other app/group/page etc.

I'd like notifications ability *though I don't personally use notifications*. Something to be considered but I am fine with a basic portal.

Agree. Completely agree.

Or... on my phone, I have FB notifications on for certain things. If you are a forum owner, you may not want all those alerts buzzing your phone. Would have to have some major configuration options added.
Yeah. That's why I don't really care too much about notifications. Will probably just lead to complaints.

There are sites that are within Facebook that I visit (outside Facebook) like IGN for instance: https://apps.facebook.com/ignsocial/?fb_source=appcenter_search&fb_appcenter=1

Their notification menu, look at it. It looks jacked up lol.

I'm not an IGN social app user, so I don't see any notifications?
Can you go through the trouble of providing a screenie? lol

I'm not an IGN social app user, so I don't see any notifications?
Can you go through the trouble of providing a screenie? lol
Before you hit their menu icon (that gray button on the black bar up top)
Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 3.23.15 PM.webp

After you hit the menu icon

Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 3.23.25 PM.webp

I did like a day or two ago. Unless it didn't send properly?
He does not always reply or if he does reply it's way later. That tells me he is too busy or ignoring me, which is why I created this thread. A lot of addon creators and themers etc are very busy. They don't always reply. This is why I end up having to create a separate thread or bring it up in either their thread or someone else's thread. I don't have the time or patience to wait for three weeks to get reply. Just money.

Hmm I thought I did reply Oxy. Ok, I'll get you both invites in a bit. My only honest concern inviting you Dre is some things are still mock up and not 100% they will get into the final version. Last time I invited you to something private as you wanted to post some things a head of time, next morning I woke up to it posted but also posted here and the url to download it on my site, which was still private. So I do have a concern there and why I did not include you in the invites this morning, but since you seem eager for this I will. Please do remember though, I ask you not to post or reshare, I will do it when I'm at the point to do so.

Hmm I thought I did reply Oxy. Ok, I'll get you both invites in a bit. My only honest concern inviting you Dre is some things are still mock up and not 100% they will get into the final version. Last time I invited you to something private as you wanted to post some things a head of time, next morning I woke up to it posted but also posted here and the url to download it on my site, which was still private. So I do have a concern there and why I did not include you in the invites this morning, but since you seem eager for this I will. Please do remember though, I ask you not to post or reshare, I will do it when I'm at the point to do so.
Talking about this? http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8thos-peach-paid-deleted.45739/

I won't repost or share.

Top Bottom