XF 1.5 Banner exclusion

Furai

Hey,

Is it possible to exclude/remove one banner if the other is in place already?
In current set up we have multiple banners shown and some of them don't make sense to be there together. User groups permissions in some cases are incremental so I cannot just remove the group.

Other problem I'm facing is "donor"/"active donor" banners. I'd like to make it so that active donor has his banner when donation is active and when it expires only the donor banner is shown. Is that even possible to do?

I'm currently running 1.5.2 XF version.

Thanks in advance for your time taken to reply.

Cheers,
Furai

There are several options related to user group banners, such as stacking, showing the one with the highest priority, etc.

upload_2016-1-19_10-10-2.webp

Other problem I'm facing is "donor"/"active donor" banners. I'd like to make it so that active donor has his banner when donation is active and when it expires only the donor banner is shown. Is that even possible to do?
Members will be automatically promoted and demoted to and from user groups when they purchase upgrades and the upgrades expire.

I know about these options. They don't really help me with achieving what I want. The exclusion stuff was about for example "Forum Moderator" being excluded by "Global Moderator" banner if the user has it.
Members will be automatically promoted and demoted to and from user groups when they purchase upgrades and the upgrades expire.
If they get demoted - then there is no way to have another banner set on them. The banner will be there only if they have active upgrade in place. As soon as it expires, they get demoted and they loose the banner. I want them to keep the banner or get different banner like "past supporter".

I know about these options. They don't really help me with achieving what I want. The exclusion stuff was about for example "Forum Moderator" being excluded by "Global Moderator" banner if the user has it.
If there are two user groups and "Allow Banner Stacking" is unchecked, then only the "Global Moderator" banner will show.

As soon as it expires, they get demoted and they loose the banner. I want them to keep the banner or get different banner like "past supporter".
That's not possible.

If there are two user groups and "Allow Banner Stacking" is unchecked, then only the "Global Moderator" banner will show.
Yup, I'm aware of that. So without custom forum modification I cannot have some banners get hidden when other are present with that option unchecked, shame.
That's not possible.
So again only way is to have some custom piece of code for that. Like, if user was in this group - promote him to that one. If he's in this group again remove him from that one.

Anyway, thanks for your time and help.

Top Bottom