Duplicate Backspace to previous line problem with Firefox

AndyB

When I backspace to the previous line the cursor jumps to the very beginning of the editor or sometime to the right corner. Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a new message with two lines like this;

line1
line2

2) Start backspacing from on line 2 until it's completely removed, at this point another backspace should put the cursor on line1 directly after the 1. It does not but buts the cursor either at the beginning of the editor or the far right corner.

It only happens with Firefox 22, Chrome and Safari work fine.

Testing on OSX 10.8.4.

In the previous bug report, Mike indicated "Browser Issue". I just tested this on the Redactor website and the cursor backspaces fine there, so I think this is a Xenforo issue.

Please leave this bug report here until Mike can take another look at fixing this. The cursor backspace functioning correctly is a very important function.

Thank you.

What distinguishes this from the previous report?

Hi Mike,

In the previous report you indicated this is a browser issue, yet when I try this on the Redactor website the problem does not exist. Could you please take a second look to see if there's something you can do to fix this. The cursor doesn't backspace to the previous line properly using OSX and Firefox.

Thank you.

I just realized that Xenforo is using Redactor v8.2.6 and that testing this bug on the Redactor website is not an accurate test as I'm sure they are using version Version 9.0.4.

Sorry it looks like we just have to wait until Xenforo updates Redactor in the future.

Brogan please merge this thread with my previous thread or mark it a duplicate.

If you don't think I tagged the previous report correctly, it's preferable to post there rather than duplicating it with different information. :)

Just because the Redactor demo does or doesn't do something doesn't really have a bearing on whether or not it's a browser issue. There are various cases where this doesn't happen in XF (only one specific situation that I can find) which makes it more likely to be a browser bug. Plus, it's the browser painting the cursor so it's generally in control.

Top Bottom