• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Background image

Shelley

Not sure whether you want the site in general to be a fixed size in which case you would need to go into the style properties and set a width in Page width controller.

if your wanting the image to repeat you'll have to set the repeat value to repeat-x (horizontal repeating) repeat-y(vertical repeating) or repeat (repeat on the x-y).

Unsure what you are wanting to do. BTW you should have a " , "before jpg rather than " ."

Tracy Perry

Not sure whether you want the site in general to be a fixed size in which case you would need to go into the style properties and set a width in Page width controller.
if your wanting the image to repeat you'll have to set the repeat value to repeat-x (horizontal repeating) repeat-y(vertical repeating) or repeat (repeat on the x-y).
I've been trying to figure out how to get one image to expand to fill the entire background. Tried all the CSS tricks I found from Google and none of them worked. Right now I'm just using a seamless tile but have been trying to get a dark smoke/fog background enabled and never could get it to work. Even tried making the image seamless tiled but apparently that is currently beyond my ken with Gimp. :sick:

Shelley

I've been trying to figure out how to get one image to expand to fill the entire background. Tried all the CSS tricks I found from Google and none of them worked. Right now I'm just using a seamless tile but have been trying to get a dark smoke/fog background enabled and never could get it to work. Even tried making the image seamless tiled but apparently that is currently beyond my ken with Gimp. :sick:
Sometime for certain imagery you might have to do some photoshop editing. For example my background image needed masking and the bottom part needing a transparent area so the image could look seamless with the joining background-color on body.

You may have did it correctly but just need to do some editing to the actual image i'm guessing.

Tracy Perry

You may have did it correctly but just need to do some editing to the actual image i'm guessing.
Downloading the "Try" version of PhotoShop CS6 Extended - jesus.. $399 for something for me to just play with! Guess I could cut back on my motorcycle toys for a month. :p