1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Background image help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Trombones13, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why this isn't working... In Style Properties -> General for my theme, I have
    @imagePath/xenforo/gradients/echo.png, Repeat-X, Top
    in the style property for Background under the Body tab. It looks like it should be working, as it's in the same folder as the category-23px-light.png file used in one of the other Style Properties, but it's not showing up at all. Any ideas? o_O

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Your @imagePath probably includes the "/xenforo" part, so try @imagePath/gradients/echo.png .

3. Trombones13

No dice there. :( Do I need to make a template edit as well?

4. Mike

I'd have to see the HTML/CSS in use.

5. Trombones13

Which one in particular would you want to see? I've changed a few, but I think the only thing I've done (other than for a mod) is changing @ colors.

6. Mike

I guess I kinda meant that I need the URL :)

7. Trombones13

8. Mike

You can change your URL back to @imagePath/xenforo/gradients/echo.png - that was correct.

There's no issue here, except you have a background specified on your header. Which means that you can't see the background on the body behind it. :)

justwordme and Trombones13 like this.
  9. Trombones13

Ohh...I had wondered if that would be an issue, but I guess I didn't fix it like I'd thought. :p Thanks!!

One other semi-unrelated thing: how do I make my gradient span the entire page length (like on http://teeveetown.com/forum) instead of having it repeat itself? *ignorant* bah

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Trombones13 likes this.
  11. Trombones13

OK; thanks! :D