1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

background for category

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by steven s, Oct 22, 2010.

1. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I'm working on a custom style and lost the background color behind the category name when updating to b2.
    It was a bluish gradient.
    sample.png

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Probably because of this:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0-beta-2-released.6837/

The background color for categories in beta2 is controlled by this:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Color Palette -> @secondaryLighter

3. steven s

[quote="Jake Bunce, post: 99048"The background color for categories in beta2 is controlled by this:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Color Palette -> @secondaryLighter[/quote]That color is correct. Just as it was in beta1. ??
    I thought it might be something with category strip, but it's not.

4. Jake Bunce

If the background isn't changing on that palette color then it's probably due to prior style customizations like custom templates. But @secondaryLighter is the controlling color on the default beta2 style. I tested it.

5. steven s

Thanks as always. I'll create a new style to see what happens.

6. steven s

I reverted node_list.css and now have the background but don't see where I need to change my node icons.

I wonder if it was suggested to change delete template to revert?
    I thought by deleting I would loose the template completely.
    I assume if it was a custom template that it would be gone.

7. Jake Bunce

Delete is the same as revert. Yes, all customizations to a template are lost when you delete / revert it.