AVChat Video Chat Add-on for xenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

radu

radu submitted a new resource:

AVChat Video Chat Add-on for xenForo - Add a video chat to your community.

The AVChat Video Chat Add-on for xenForo handles the integration between your xenForo community and the AVChat 3 video chat software.

Here’s what the 1.0 version of the add-on handles out of the box:
  • Same Username (and Gender), members will have the same username and gender in the community and in the video chat. Double log in is not needed.
  • Same Profile...

Read more about this resource...

Nice to see a chat solution releasing in the RM manager. I'll be very interested in the reviews of this addon.
I'm currently attempting to get cometchat working for the last time. If that fails again then I will need a new solution.

Please add screenshots and an overview of functionality.

We've just added screenshots with the chat in the forum front end, backend permissions and options pages.

Please email us at contact@avchat.net for a 15 day trial of AVChat xenForo add-on so that you can test.

How does AVChat handle 11000 concurrent forum users and 200 concurrent chat users?
How would you configure that?

Do you plan to support xenforo reports? i.e. report chat message.
Does AVChat support text chat?
Does it have a chat bar similar to facebook?

AVChat does not keep track of evey user on your forum so the 11.000 concurrent users will not generate any load on AVChat's site.

The load is generated by those 200 concurrent chat users. The load depends a lot on the amount of audio and video streams they broadcast & consume. Any VPS will hold 200 users in text chat in AVChat, audio and video will create the load. Our biggest clients hold up to 1000 users online at the same time on the same server.

AVChat has a "Report user" feature that takes a screenshot of both the the chat and the open webcams + ip etc. We could look at integrating it with the xenForo feature.
AVChat supports text chat, rooms, emote icons, private messages, moderation, etc.

AVChat does not have a chat bar similar to FB.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:
I don't like the fact that avchat limits how many users you can have in a room. For $130 you can only have 20 people chatting?

Eh....

Interesting. I don't like the look of the chat, seems very old. I suggest to do a restyle of it.

Seems a little pricey to me to have to pay a license and also for the integration, but i happy to see this integration here. Maybe in the future i will consider it for my project.

I don't like the fact that avchat limits how many users you can have in a room. For $130 you can only have 20 people chatting?

+1. If i understood correctly, the chat it's self hosted. So why i have to pay for the concurrent users? If is a hosted chat i will understand to pay more, but if the software runs on my server no...

mind that a good chat application is advanced software. it's easy to completely crash a website by applying buggy chat software. avchat is not the most expensive chat application. some go in the thousands.

I agree that it looks outdated.
are you planning to update the looks and specially the editor? can the xenforo editor (redactor) be integrated?
is avchat using html5 and jquery?
is it responsive?

When visiting: http://avchat.net/
WOT says: this site has a poor reputation.
reasons behind user rating:
Based on other users' experiences, this site may be involved in sending out spam messages, or they have received spam advertising this site.

So , my question is this: is it safe to integrate my forum with anything provided by this site ?

We did a demo of AVChat and integrated it into Xenforo without much issue. We decided not to purchase (currently using Flashcoms) because the style just looked dated. The codebase for AVChat is solid though. We actually had better performance than Flashcoms.

Regarding the style, much is hard coded into the application. You can't change that blue color of the buttons, for example. Or the way the slider pops out when clicking on a username. I wish you would take a more bare bones approach to style and then let us add a style layer on top.

It would also be great if you added a bubble chat mode similar to Flashcoms.

Glad to see an official Xenforo integration, though! I recommend adding a who is chatting box with your addon. Could be standalone, or you could use http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/ to include it.

If you can improve the style we will look at switching our sites over.

Interesting. I don't like the look of the chat, seems very old. I suggest to do a restyle of it.
+1. If i understood correctly, the chat it's self hosted. So why i have to pay for the concurrent users? If is a hosted chat i will understand to pay more, but if the software runs on my server no...

Originally AVChat cost $399 and had 1 version. With this licensing based on number of online users we can offer a cheaper version for $130 to smaller websites. For a small website with 1000-2000 members the Lite version should be enough. You can always upgrade by paying the price difference.

mind that a good chat application is advanced software. it's easy to completely crash a website by applying buggy chat software. avchat is not the most expensive chat application. some go in the thousands.

Well said. AVChat has been in development for 3+ years and the security features in it are unmatched.

Any promo codes for the medium/big website packages? Id like to order. The only thing I need is to order that and Xenforo integration correct?

Thank you for the suggestion, we've just generated a special 10% off discount code for new xenForo customers. The discount will apply to:
  • the add-on price
  • the AVChat license (all licenses) price.
Use the XENFORO10 discount code during checkout to get the 10% off.

can you have multiple chat rooms with 20 users going at once? or 20 total?

multiple chat rooms at once could be cool.

i remember AOL chat rooms having like 20 users per room and we'd always bounce around different rooms, so maybe the limit gets people to create other rooms...dunno...perhaps i'm just a fan of not being limited!

When visiting: http://avchat.net/
WOT says: this site has a poor reputation.
reasons behind user rating:
Based on other users' experiences, this site may be involved in sending out spam messages, or they have received spam advertising this site.

So , my question is this: is it safe to integrate my forum with anything provided by this site ?

I am not sure why we have a bad reputation on WOT. AVChat adn the xenForo add-on are the product of the NuSoft parent company http://nusofthq.com. We have an active products forum at http://nusofthq.com/forum/ and a blog going all the way back to 2007 at http://nusofthq.com/blog/ . I hope this make you trust us better :)

I agree that it looks outdated.
are you planning to update the looks and specially the editor?
We are working with a designer at the moment to improove the overall design of the app.

can the xenforo editor (redactor) be integrated?
You want to use the xenForo editor to post text chat messages?

is avchat using html5 and jquery?

The mobile version used on iPads, iPhones and Android devices uses HTML5 and jQuery.

is it responsive?

AVchat's size can be made to adjust to your responsive design by scaling horizontally together with the HTML layout and/or in steps.

Top Bottom