1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Avatars missing after moving host

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Steverd, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Steverd

Steverd Member

I just moved to a new host. It seems everything is working but the avatars are missing.
    They are there in the file structure, but just not showing up. What is wrong? Do I need to rebuilding a cache or something in Xenforo? Is it a permission setting I need to change?
    I appreciate any help!
    Steve

2. Steverd

Steverd Member

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Recursively chmod the /data and /internal_data directories to 0777.

Steverd likes this.
  4. Steverd

Steverd Member

Thanks Brogan, I will try this as soon as I get home from work tonight.,

5. Steverd

Steverd Member

Those directories are already set to 777. Avatars are still not showing up.
    I'm using Filezilla, do I need to check Recurse into Subdirectories (File and directories)?

Thanks

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

All files/directories under /data and /internal_data need to be either 777 or sometimes 755 (depends on server settings).... so if they are not already then yes, you need to recursively set them to 777.
    I don't use FileZilla (do all my stuff via SSH/SFTP) but from what I read there is an option to select the directory, the permissions and then have them done recursively - which is what is needed.

7. Steverd

Steverd Member

Whoa, I think I got it fixed!

I didn't have permission to change any of those files, It would just say: 550 could not change perms
    So I deleted them all and uploaded them again from a backup I made right BEFORE moving servers.
    Then I was able to change ALL files to 777, I think it's working now.

Weird, But I hope this helps someone else in the future!
    THANKS everyone!
    Steverd