I just moved to a new host. It seems everything is working but the avatars are missing.
They are there in the file structure, but just not showing up. What is wrong? Do I need to rebuilding a cache or something in Xenforo? Is it a permission setting I need to change?
I appreciate any help!
All files/directories under /data and /internal_data need to be either 777 or sometimes 755 (depends on server settings).... so if they are not already then yes, you need to recursively set them to 777.
I don't use FileZilla (do all my stuff via SSH/SFTP) but from what I read there is an option to select the directory, the permissions and then have them done recursively - which is what is needed.
I didn't have permission to change any of those files, It would just say: 550 could not change perms
So I deleted them all and uploaded them again from a backup I made right BEFORE moving servers.
Then I was able to change ALL files to 777, I think it's working now.
Weird, But I hope this helps someone else in the future!