1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Carlos, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I installed a new xenforo instance. I imported an old vb3.8 database, and it went smoothly.

Except that when I upload an avatar, this is what I get:

mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied
    1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 66
    3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 326
    4. XenForo_Model_Avatar->_writeAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 197
    5. XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar() in XenForo/Model/Avatar.php at line 69
    6. XenForo_Model_Avatar->uploadAvatar() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 487
    7. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/carlosx3/public_html/mvc3forum.com/index.php at line 15
    Wierd. Never had this problem with MW2Forums.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is your /data directory writeable?
    You might need to chmod /data and /internal_data to 0777.

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I made the changes. During installation I had thought it was a security threat to keep them writable. But I forget that it doesn't.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the /data and /internal_data are where avatars and attachments are stored so they need to be writeable by the web server.