1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automatically join group at specified post count

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Nikolaos, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Member

I just converted our forum to XF last night (and what a long night it was), and have been exploring the features today.

Is there a way for me to make members automatically join a usergroup with extra privileges (private messaging, signatures, post editing, &c.) after having published a specified number of posts? Even when we were using phpBB this had to be done manually, but I suspect that there should be some way to accomplish this automatically in XF.

Thank you in advance.

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

You'd do this with User Group Promotions. I have people go into a Regular Member group when they reach 150 posts.

You'd then set the permissions of that group to give them the extra features they require.

Nikolaos likes this.
  3. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

There's a user group promotions function that has lots of possible criteria including post count.

Nikolaos likes this.
  4. Nikolaos

Nikolaos Member

Thank you! I saw "Group Promotions", but when I looked at it for a moment I thought it was for setting group leaders.