Automatic Watch Thread and Watch Forum on Registration [Deleted]

Nope. Watching forums and threads with email alerts functionality is default in XenForo. What you've suggested isn't. So that would be require custom development.

are you interested in doing this ?

How much to get it done ?

:coffee:

Last edited:
That is what is making us hesitant. However we really need a way to get current users to watch certain forums, it is really important for the set up of our site on 1.1.4 and it is something we need to carry over to 1.2.

We have a forum on our site where people pitch in campaign ideas and the sort and having it automatically watched by people(Though who did not care, unsubscribed themselves from the forum which is fine) and it removed all manual work by the staff to try to get things to get noticed by other members.

When we forced all existing accounts to watch a forum, it was one of the most beloved things we could have done on our site. Though we would not have a need for it if people just did it them selves . . .but alas so lazy.

Yes it would be very helpful to also trigger the events on profile field updates:

When you click on the "I like swimming" profile field in your "sports community forum", you are watching the "Swimming Forum".

OK, I have a serious question: With the built-in forum watch, you have to revisit a thread or forum to see all the messages, even though you get email notices.

Does this just auto active those features or does it make it possible for you to receive emails on ALL posts in a watched thread or forum? I'd prefer the latter, if it can be done.

2 questions please:

1)
for "Automatic Watch Forum" , when I select the option "New Messages"....... will the user also receive an Email for "New Threads" ?

2)
are there any custom phrases for the Front-End or is it working with XF-default phrases ?

Many thanks!

1) Yes I believe that's how it works (however it works by default with XF 1.2 and watching a forum)

2) There's no front end customisations at all. Most phrases used in the back end are either default or created automatically (e.g admin options phrases are generated automatically)

I have just "rebuild caches" for existing users.
Will it also send "Watch Forum Emails" to users who are "unconfirmed" (users who did not confirm their registration) ?

I am just asking because when "rebuilding cache" it shows a higher number of members than my valid members, so I assume the "cache rebuild" is also counting also "unconfirmed members".... ?

Last edited:
It is subscribing the unconfirmed members to those threads and forums, yes, but XenForo only sends out the e-mails and alerts to valid users.

I just saw a "Server Error-Log Warning" when I logged into my ACP. Does anyone know what it means and what I need to do ?

It seems it is an issue with @Chris Deeming 's Addon named "Watch on Reg" ?

-------------------------------------------------

Fehlerinformation
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '184-90' for key 'PRIMARY' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Erstellt von: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Heute um 08:43

Stapelverfolgung
#0 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array) #3 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_forum_watch', Array) #4 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() #5 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save() #6 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/WatchOnReg/DataWriter/User.php(31): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #7 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1397): WatchOnReg_DataWriter_User->_postSave() #8 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(294): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #9 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister() #10 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #11 /www/htdocs/b00d3f00/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #12 {main}

Benötigter Status
array(3) { ["url"] => string(39) "http://www.domain.com/register/register" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(14) { ["username"] => string(6) "sommer" ["email"] => string(15) "mary235@gmx.de" ["password"] => string(8) "********" ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********" ["dob_month"] => string(1) "6" ["dob_day"] => string(2) "16" ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1965" ["gender"] => string(6) "female" ["timezone"] => string(16) "Europe/Amsterdam" ["captcha_question_answer"] => string(5) "grün" ["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "a38cd84801a162bbe433f89ea3dfb175185ee38d" ["agree"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********" ["reg_key"] => string(32) "5c2cc9bfe580c80de04d3ee52402a6fd" } }

Last edited:
Top Bottom