[OzzModz] Auto Thread Thumbnail

[OzzModz] Auto Thread Thumbnail [Paid] 2.3.5 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Does this also work if it's a IMG (with external url) and not an ATTACHMENT?
Image function added to get first image url
this addon is like bd image add-on, but it was for xf1

in bd image add-on, he added a widget and we could add the first thread thumbnails to a widget, you could choose first reply,
i made suggestion here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/add-thread-images-to-widgets.155813/

suggestion 1: add external IMG url

suggestion 2: add thread thumbnail in widgets
View attachment 187532 View attachment 187528 View attachment 187531 View attachment 187530 View attachment 187529

suggestion 3: add thread thumbnail to last post in main forum page
View attachment 187534

Suggestion 1 Done

A few bugs to report:

1. User Avatar setting kinda breaks the default Xenforo behaviours. Let me explain better.

Be default, you see your avatar next to the thumbnail only if you already replied to that thread, if not, no avatar is normally shown, while your add-on either adds a way to ALWAYS show it, or NEVER show it, regardless of above criterias.

1. Picture isn't showed most of the time as thumbnail (using IMG bbcode mode), let's say.. 10% of time? Unsure about which criterias you're using for it to get the picture from the thread, but doesn't seems like it's fully working.

I have problem with attachments:

not sure if this addon is suitable for this feature but makes a lot of sense. add the image link in meta tag as og:image? since you are already fetching the image... adding it to meta tag should be easy? this would make the image work when thread link is shared on social media. i believe this is a highly requested feature and still unfulfilled?

how about adding the features of this deleted addon?

it displays thread images in the thread list view, and the users are can open them in an overlay.

"NOTE - Please uninstall old if you gonna use new version of thread Thumbnail Addon"

What exactly do you mean by "old"? I'm currently running version 1.1.1, do I need to uninstall before install upgrade?

not sure if this addon is suitable for this feature but makes a lot of sense. add the image link in meta tag as og:image? since you are already fetching the image... adding it to meta tag should be easy? this would make the image work when thread link is shared on social media. i believe this is a highly requested feature and still unfulfilled?

I would LOVE this feature as I often share posts to twitter.

Does this increase the number of queries on the thread list?

Hi, I've purchased this and it does increase the number of queries. It increases by 2 for every thread, so 40 extra queries for my thread list.

Hi, I've purchased this and it does increase the number of queries. It increases by 2 for every thread, so 40 extra queries for my thread list.

That could be a issue on sites that show alot of threads on the thread list. Even so, 40 extra queries is alot.

Top Bottom