Auto Language [Deleted]

Feathery

Feathery submitted a new resource:

Auto Language - Automatically set the user’s language based on their browser language.

al-title.jpg

Automatically set the user's language based on their browser language.

Sets the language based on the user's browser locale (HTTP Header)
Works for guests and registered users
Hassle free setup...

Read more about this resource...

There are no settings to this addon. What can I do if i wish to route users to who use "Traditional Chinese" to "Chinese Simplified' or otherwise. and what can I do if i wish to direct a locale to use a specific language?

Hello,

first if all, thanks for buying the addon!

The language is automatically detected by the language code, it‘s explained here:

But I didn‘t test the addon yet with these two languages, if you have any problems I will look into them as soon as possible.
It is not a problem but a small limitation.
Here is my situation I am in ASIA Malaysia where we have multiple languages. We have Malay, English Chinese (Simplified and traditional) and Tamil.

I made a mistake. I didn't read deep enough. I was hoping to see that we can set a language base on their keyboard input for them. It is not on you, If you are willing to, I would like it to be done as a custom add-on. I will be happy to pay for it.

Oh ok, I understand!

I will see what I can do for you.

Detecting the language by the keyboard is not really possible server-side.
Are there any other differences where the addon could detect the language?

The users that want to use Tamil for example, also have the selected the language in their browser, don‘t they?

Oh ok, I understand!

I will see what I can do for you.

Detecting the language by the keyboard is not really possible server-side.
Are there any other differences where the addon could detect the language?

The users that want to use Tamil for example, also have the selected the language in their browser, don‘t they?
Yes, If a Tamil user is using Tamil they will be but, for Chinese it has this small issue. There are ""Traditional and Simplified Chinese" and because we only have Traditional on our site, the "Simplified" users are defaulted to English. We would like them to use "Traditional Chinese instead"

We would like the choice . Also, If possible can your add on has a overlay prompt to let users choose their langauge?

I can create you a custom version where simplified users get traditional chinese selectee.

Do you like the overlay prompt to be only shown for simplified users? I think the prompt should be possible

I can create you a custom version where simplified users get traditional chinese selectee.

Do you like the overlay prompt to be only shown for simplified users? I think the prompt should be possible
It should be a simple prompt one time prompt for guest and registered users. Once they select, it will remember it for them. Guest around 30 days and registered users it will be permanently set for them. That would be the ideal situation. Should I drop you a conversation?

It should be a simple prompt one time prompt for guest and registered users. Once they select, it will remember it for them. Guest around 30 days and registered users it will be permanently set for them. That would be the ideal situation. Should I drop you a conversation?
Yes, that would be great!

Hi, first off - thanks for this add-on! I got a little question. Does it only works with the language pack that you have installed on your website? I guess so, but I wanted to make sure.
Thanks

Hi, first off - thanks for this add-on! I got a little question. Does it only works with the language pack that you have installed on your website? I guess so, but I wanted to make sure.
Thanks
Hi,

thanks for your interest in the addon!

You are absolutely right, it works with language packs that are installed on your forums.

Hello.
If there will be an update of the plugin, then each time will need to buy the plugin? Because I did not see that there is a link to previous versions, as is customary to leave.:confused:

Thanks for the add-on! It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Here is how I test:
- In Chrome, set Preferred Languages to have Spanish on top.
- In Chrome DevTools, it shows: accept-language: es
- I open an incognito window (so I appear as a guest) and load my forums

But I see the English interface, not the Spanish interface.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Thanks for the add-on! It doesn't seem to be working for me.

Here is how I test:
- In Chrome, set Preferred Languages to have Spanish on top.
- In Chrome DevTools, it shows: accept-language: es
- I open an incognito window (so I appear as a guest) and load my forums

But I see the English interface, not the Spanish interface.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Hello,

first of all: thanks for using the add-on!

I know that‘s a pretty basic question - but do you have the spanish language pack installed and assigned to the languagecode?

Thank you,
Marc

Top Bottom