[TH] Article Manager [Deleted]

It looks like the upgrader did not make the changes to the database. Did you get any errors during the upgrade?

Can you please run this query?

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_article_category ADD prefix_cache MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL COMMENT 'Serialized data from xf_article_category_prefix, [group_id][prefix_id] => prefix_id';

It looks like the upgrader did not make the changes to the database. Did you get any errors during the upgrade?

Can you please run this query?

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_article_category ADD prefix_cache MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL COMMENT 'Serialized data from xf_article_category_prefix, [group_id][prefix_id] => prefix_id';
Did not get any errors while upgrading. I am new to queries so I will need to do some research on running them before I can do that.

Did not get any errors while upgrading. I am new to queries so I will need to do some research on running them before I can do that.

Running this query is very easy. I will post here the steps that you can take to excecute it. Go to your phpmyadmin, select the database of your forum, click on the Sql tab and copy/paste there the query. If you will need help with this, you can ask me anytime.

Running this query is very easy. I will post here the steps that you can take to excecute it. Go to your phpmyadmin, select the database of your forum, click on the Sql tab and copy/paste there the query. If you will need help with this, you can ask me anytime.
Thank you, that was easy ;)

I went to try it again and this time it worked, however, I noticed that I had two of the same prefixes (maybe the first one went through anyway). I went to delete the extra prefix and got this error.

Attachments

• 2nderror.webp
    2nderror.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
Just a small bug I noticed on your demo site, the images are not responsive on the Article Index page. But they are fine when viewing the full article. :)

resp.webp

Is it possible to move old threads into this add-on?

Yes, you can promote threads to articles. But the original threads will remain intact. There will be no move link like it is the case when you move them from one forum to the other.

Thank you, that was easy ;)

I went to try it again and this time it worked, however, I noticed that I had two of the same prefixes (maybe the first one went through anyway). I went to delete the extra prefix and got this error.

You are welcome sir :)

It looks like the prefix_id has not been added. Can you please run this query to add it?

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_articles ADD prefix_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

Just a small bug I noticed on your demo site, the images are not responsive on the Article Index page. But they are fine when viewing the full article. :)

View attachment 130316

Do you mean when being viewed on mobile? That is because of the character limit I think.

Thank you.
When adding a category, you can specify a Discussion forum that Threads will be automatically created in for articles within that Category.
What is in the automatic thread? Is it the whole content of the article or is it just a link to the article? And does this new thread appear under "New Posts"?

Thank you.

You are welcome sir.

What is in the automatic thread? Is it the whole content of the article or is it just a link to the article? And does this new thread appear under "New Posts"?

The automated thread contains the first 500 characters of the article content and then it displays a link that goes to the article. And it will appear under the New Posts. You can see it here.

http://xensupport.info/index.php?threads/example-article-with-automated-thread-creation.36/

Problem, I use Xenporta 2 as a portal, after installing this add-on my portal page has disappeared. I have uninstalled this add-on but my Xenporta 2 portal page is still missing?

screenshot-www marineaquariumsa com 2016-03-10 20-39-23.webp

What does that add on use for route? I clicked your forum link, and it looks like my add on has been set as homepage. If you can give me access to your forum, I can look into this and try to figure out what it is causing that.

Can you please check something for me? What does it say for the Index Page Route option at your forum?

articles/

It looks like my add on has been set as homepage. Try to place there portal, assuming that that is the name of the router for the portal add on that you were using. Let us see if that will work. If not, there is something else that we can try.

Not compatible with Xenporta 2 unfortunately. :(
I had a look at that add on topic, and it appears that it uses articles too with the same router name like my add on, articles. And that causes conflicts.
I think you may need to rethink your strategy, look at how popular Xenporta 2 Pro is, 2621 posts on that thread. Hundreds of admins have purchased that add-on, yet not a single one of them will be able to buy your add-on because of this conflict. Just something to think about.

Thank you for your time, sadly my money is gone. Goodbye.

Top Bottom