[TH] Article Manager [Deleted]

Hello,

I would have to re develop the attachment part of my add on, but I will wait until Xf 2.0 is released for that. That is not a big issue, or a security issue, so it will have to wait.

What about the non-responsive issue? Even on smaller tablets it does not react correctly. The non-responsive issue is really a bigger issue for me than the other, but both are still important.

If you cannot at least fix the responsive one now then I'm going to have to uninstall this add-on and garbage can it :(

Last edited:
I noticed a bug here where the breadcrumb is pointing to the wrong category url:
article_01.webp

Also, this with the comment editor.. although I think this is more of a style issue but I don't think it should affect the style unless you really changed the code here:
article_02.webp

Thanks, that's it for now beside the thread to article promotion I sent via conversation.

Is everybody here able to promote thread to articles? Please let me know as Wang thinks it's server related, but my other add-on converts thread to article without any issues accept this add-on!

I also found a bug. When I try to 'Rebuild Daily Statistics' form XenForo's ACP Tools menu I get the error below. It goes away when I disable this Article Manager add-on so it is causing it.

Also, are you going to also fix this add-on so it will be resopnsive with mobile devices? I need to know soon so I can remove it if need be.

Code:
Error Info
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'stats_type' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Stack Trace
#0 /home/me/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/me/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Stats.php(353): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\t\t\t\tINSERT I...')
#3 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/DailyStats.php(41): XenForo_Model_Stats->buildStatsData(1474243200, 1476662400)
#4 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_DailyStats->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999880791, '')
#5 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999880791, '', false)
#6 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#9 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/me/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State
Array
(
    [url] => http://mydomain.com/admin.php?tools/run-deferred
    [_GET] => Array
        (
            [tools/run-deferred] =>
        )

[_POST] => Array
        (
            [redirect] => http://mydomain.com/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1
            [execute] => 1
            [_xfToken] => ********
        )

)

@RSI, please send me a conversation I would like to ask you a few questions related to this add-on and if we have the same bugs. Thanks!

I noticed a bug here where the breadcrumb is pointing to the wrong category url:
View attachment 142754

Also, this with the comment editor.. although I think this is more of a style issue but I don't think it should affect the style unless you really changed the code here:
View attachment 142755

Thanks, that's it for now beside the thread to article promotion I sent via conversation.

Is everybody here able to promote thread to articles? Please let me know as Wang thinks it's server related, but my other add-on converts thread to article without any issues accept this add-on!

I confirm the breadcrumb bug. It will be fixed in the next version that I will release soon. I also received your pc about promoting threads to articles and replied.

I also found a bug. When I try to 'Rebuild Daily Statistics' form XenForo's ACP Tools menu I get the error below. It goes away when I disable this Article Manager add-on so it is causing it.

Also, are you going to also fix this add-on so it will be resopnsive with mobile devices? I need to know soon so I can remove it if need be.

Code:
Error Info
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'stats_type' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Stack Trace
#0 /home/me/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/me/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Stats.php(353): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\t\t\t\tINSERT I...')
#3 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/DailyStats.php(41): XenForo_Model_Stats->buildStatsData(1474243200, 1476662400)
#4 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_DailyStats->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999880791, '')
#5 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999880791, '', false)
#6 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#8 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#9 /home/me/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/me/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State
Array
(
    [url] => http://mydomain.com/admin.php?tools/run-deferred
    [_GET] => Array
        (
            [tools/run-deferred] =>
        )

[_POST] => Array
        (
            [redirect] => http://mydomain.com/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1
            [execute] => 1
            [_xfToken] => ********
        )

)

This error means that the name is too long for the table column. You can ignore it. Nothing to worry about. In the new version for Xf 2.0. the fix will be included in the add on. I will look into the issue that you reported about disabling the sidebar in the responsive mode.

This error means that the name is too long for the table column. You can ignore it. Nothing to worry about. In the new version for Xf 2.0. the fix will be included in the add on. I will look into the issue that you reported about disabling the sidebar in the responsive mode.

The problem is the process would not finish and kept retrying because of the error. I had to disable the add-on and run the rebuild daily stats again then re-enable the add-on again to make it stop.

Anyway, at this point it no longer matters because I have already uninstalled this add-on and purchased the good one from that one xenforo developer so I no longer need yours.

Thanks anyway...

I am logged in as main admin, I was testing the comments in articles system with two other non admin user groups. I tested 3 comments and all worked how I wanted them too. When I went in to delete all 3 comments (by checking the box on all three and selecting delete) this is what I got below.

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`hmforum_xenforo`.`xf_articles`.`comment_count` - 1)'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Faqe/Articles/DataWriter/Comments.php at line 167
  4. Faqe_Articles_DataWriter_Comments->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1793
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in Faqe/Articles/ControllerPublic/Comments.php at line 137
  6. Faqe_Articles_ControllerPublic_Comments->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hmforum/public_html/index.php at line 13
It would delete the two that were not in moderation but would not delete the one in moderation. When I tried to delete by just clicking on the delete link and not the check box I get this same error. So I get this error any time I try and do anything with this post/comment.

Next issue.

I would like my guests or non logged in users to be able to comment and rate with comment the articles. This is not working, it keeps saying you must be logged in to do this. But I can do it on the rest of my forums non logged in.

I am logged in as main admin, I was testing the comments in articles system with two other non admin user groups. I tested 3 comments and all worked how I wanted them too. When I went in to delete all 3 comments (by checking the box on all three and selecting delete) this is what I got below.

Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`hmforum_xenforo`.`xf_articles`.`comment_count` - 1)'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Faqe/Articles/DataWriter/Comments.php at line 167
  4. Faqe_Articles_DataWriter_Comments->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1793
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in Faqe/Articles/ControllerPublic/Comments.php at line 137
  6. Faqe_Articles_ControllerPublic_Comments->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hmforum/public_html/index.php at line 13
It would delete the two that were not in moderation but would not delete the one in moderation. When I tried to delete by just clicking on the delete link and not the check box I get this same error. So I get this error any time I try and do anything with this post/comment.

Can you send me the url to your forum and a test account and I will check this out.

Next issue.

I would like my guests or non logged in users to be able to comment and rate with comment the articles. This is not working, it keeps saying you must be logged in to do this. But I can do it on the rest of my forums non logged in.

Guests are not allowed to post, but this will be changed in the next version.

Can you send me the url to your forum and a test account and I will check this out.

I have sent you a test account info in a conversation. We base advertisement sales on the amount of views we get from guests. So this is a must need for us thanks for including it in the new version.

HTML:
<a href="index.php?find-new/articles">New Articles</a>

Find out what template this code is in on your board and just comment it out. <!-- code here -->

Not quite that easy, but thanks for the help! I'll await for wang as I think it's some sort of code/event listener or something.

Not quite that easy, but thanks for the help! I'll await for wang as I think it's some sort of code/event listener or something.

Cool. Having some issues my self he should be testing out. Article system started throwing server errors the other day.

Is there an easy way to search templates? I have admin templates checked but when I put in fire bug coed it never searches templates.

@wang how can I disable the "New Articles" tab on the what's new page?

Comment out, or remove, the code posted below from the FindNew.php file which can be located inside the ControllerPublic folder of the add on.

PHP:
protected function _getWrapperTabs()
    {
        $tabs = parent::_getWrapperTabs();

if (XenForo_Visitor::getInstance()->hasPermission('articles', 'viewArticles'))
        {
            $tabs['articles'] = array(
                'href' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('find-new/articles'),
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('faqe_new_articles_link')
            );
        }

return $tabs;
    }

Can you also add an easier way to find out how many views each article has? Right now I have to go to each individual article to get the view count. I pay our writers based on view count.

Can you also add an easier way to find out how many views each article has? Right now I have to go to each individual article to get the view count. I pay our writers based on view count.

Can you post a screenshot of the easier way for article views that you want to have?

Can you post a screenshot of the easier way for article views that you want to have?

I have attached 3 screen shots. screenshot1 shows the categories we have. See the first one listed is Tad Stryker. From this page or the main article page I can see several different views. In screen shot 2 I have clicked on a category and all the articles are listed there. I can view several diffrent views from there as we. In screen shot 3 is the info I need to see on the main page for all categories or the main page of a category. For example, in either of the main view pages I can see how many stars each article has in the summery of that article. But I can't see how many comments or views each article has unless I load the individual article. If you can take all the info in screen shot 3 in the information section and add it to the summery views that would be a big help or have a place in admin where we can arrange article views by this info. In vbulletins CMS in admin you could see all the articles posted and you could arange them by date, writer, views, published, non published several different ways.

I would think just adding the info seciont to the summery views for each article that would be easier.

Attachments

• articlesscreenshot1.webp
    articlesscreenshot1.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 12
  • articlesscreenshot2.webp
    articlesscreenshot2.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 12
  • articlesscreenshot3.webp
    articlesscreenshot3.webp
    77.9 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom