1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article Manager [Paid] 2.0.8

Enrichen your forum with an article and threads portal/cms manager

1. wang

wang Well-Known Member

wang submitted a new resource:

Article Manager - Enrichen your forum with an article and threads portal/cms manager

Read more about this resource...

sasiska and 51463 like this.
  2. wang

wang Well-Known Member

First post reserved for uploading extra screenshots.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    51463 likes this.
  3. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

Is there a demo for this somewhere?

4. wang

wang Well-Known Member

No sir, I have no demo yet for this add on.

5. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

Please let me know when you do, I'd like to see it in action before buying.

6. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I will do that sir. As soon as I have a demo for this add on, I will post it here.

7. wang

wang Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that admins can promote threads to articles from the inline moderation tools, as well as from the thread view page.

8. wang

wang Well-Known Member

9. wang

wang Well-Known Member

wang updated Article Manager with a new update entry:

Front end managemnet

Read the rest of this update entry...

51463 likes this.
  10. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Looks good but does each article have a discussion thread attached?

wang likes this.
  11. wang

wang Well-Known Member

No sir, they do not. Because the articles come with a comment system. I do not think that discussion threads are needed.

You can however, promote discussion threads to articles. e.g. turn them into articles.

12. reddy ink

reddy ink Active Member

XF needs a good article management system. Xenmods has one for early adapters (example of AMS without any programming/customization)
    http://www.thelaw.com/

13. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Active Member

I'm always looking for a better article system but nothing ever looks as good as xenzine I wish there were some better looking article system that are more eye pleasing :( good luck with the addon

wang likes this.
  14. Mr Lucky

I hope at some stage you can develop this then so that threads can be created around an article. I can't see why you wouldn't have a thread just because there are comments, xenforo resources has comments as well as a thread.

I can't really tell from the demo how this would look with more (and fuller) articles, i.e. how you navigate to them. And am I right in saying articles can only be created in ACP?

However looks very promising and I'll keep a eye out for any development that hopefully might happen, best of luck!

wang likes this.
  15. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Resource Manager does not have a comment system as far as I am aware. It has a rate and review system, which is something different. But the suggestion to associate discussion threads with article posting has been noted and it will be added on the next release. Thank you for your suggestion sir.

The article page has a pagination, which can be configured from the admin panel. e.g. the articles will appear with pagination, as is the case with the resources on the Resource Manager list. Now articles can be added by staff members on the front end too, as well as from the admin panel.

Thank you sir :)

16. wang

wang Well-Known Member

17. wang

wang Well-Known Member

Thread associations with article postings have been added in the 1.2. version of the add on. Thank you again for your suggestion sir. It is much better this way.

18. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I picked this up a couple of days ago to play around with, I like to tinker :)

@wang has been very helpful in resolving some mild issues and so far has implemented my suggestions so I'm very thankful for that. I think it's a great add-on that can serve a variety of things. I'll do a review once I get more time to use it.

Glockie and wang like this.
  19. Mr Lucky

I'd love to try it it, but having just been stung on paying for an addon by audentio, a company I thought as reputable, and then finding it not as advertised and seemingly really poor support, I'm now being very careful. If only you could try before you buy.

Rigo, Glockie and wang like this.
  20. wang

wang Well-Known Member

wang updated Article Manager with Thread Associations&Promotions Cms Page with a new update entry:

Article display layout types

Read the rest of this update entry...

Glockie likes this.