Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress

Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress 1.2.9

No permission to download
I am using this add-on for more than a month, it works very nice! Great add-on.

Be careful if you delete the automatic post on forum, the comment section under article will lose and will use wordpress original comment section since the connection between the article and forum is deleted.

Just as a teaser as I know some people have asked about this, I have a new auth-only and hybrid mode feature in development, which enables you to use XenForo user auth for native WP comments on posts not linked to a thread, including disabling the thread linking altogether and just using XenForo auth. Users would be required to log in to their forum accounts to comment, and their username and avatar would be pulled through to the comments.

I am having some problems with this addon in wordpress, with the addon loaded, page generation process is about 3 secs while if I deactivate it only takes 0.5 secs (info from query monitor addon).

Seems like there is a problem with the addon . I am using openlitespeed server.

The only intensive thing it does is API calls, so if they are slow there won't be much we can do about that unfortunately. You may need to see if there's any slowness with XenForo responding to the API requests.

The only intensive thing it does is API calls, so if they are slow there won't be much we can do about that unfortunately. You may need to see if there's any slowness with XenForo responding to the API requests.
Just doing some profiling in order to detect why is slow, may be you can help me: "Mensaje" is the time of execution of each call in seconds.

1669312584550.webp

None of these numbers look high - they end in E-5/E-6/E-7, so 9.2029E-5 for example is 0.000092029 seconds, which is 0.09 milliseconds. The slowest calls there are 0.274 seconds, which is when it's making an API call to load the posts, so nothing here suggests any performance issues.

None of these numbers look high - they end in E-5/E-6/E-7, so 9.2029E-5 for example is 0.000092029 seconds, which is 0.09 milliseconds. The slowest calls there are 0.274 seconds, which is when it's making an API call to load the posts, so nothing here suggests any performance issues.
I know, but:

Plugin enabled:

1669315458444.png

Plugin disabled:
1669315536836.png
There is a big difference

Without line by line benchmarking, I'm not sure what to suggest - nothing in your initial screenshot suggests anything is slow, if anything it's the complete opposite, but if it is slow, all the plugin does is network requests to XenForo's API which is all core XenForo, so there wouldn't be anything we can do to control the performance of that.

ThemeHouse updated Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0 Released

We're a bit behind on updates, so here's everything that's new:

• Adds setting to auto-open iframe
  • Hides/shows XF user ID/API key fields based on using iframe

• Adds auth-only mode for commenting on non-linked threads
  • Adds function to check XF usergroup membership in templates
  • Allows for templates to be overridden within a theme
  • Adds iframe loading spinner and text
  • Adds support for scrolling to posts within the iframe
  • Adds...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, I just installed this add-on on a local WP, what do you think is the best way to translate it to be able to offer its translation afterwards?
Thanks.

I'm not sure how translations are managed in WordPress, but the plugin uses the standard __() function with a domain value of audentio-forum-connect, so I imagine there's a way to translate these either within core WordPress or with another plugin.

Thanks for the answer @mattrogowski.
I'm not familiar too with translating WP plugin but it seems that your plugin is not internationalized:

Can you confirm ?

As I said, it's using the documented __() function like the rest of WordPress does, if there's something else specifically that needs to be done to register the translations or something then if you can point out what needs to be done, I can make the change.

Top Bottom