Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress

Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress 1.2.9

No permission to download
It's not part of Gutenberg, it gets inserted by the plugin within a filter.

I don't think it'll get treated as duplicate content, and setting a canonical URL on the WP post to the XF thread would stop the XF thread being indexed entirely. The WP post only ever pulls through the first page, the pagination just links back to the thread, so not sure hiding the thread on the forum would be a good idea (and not sure would even be possible with an XF addon, definitely not with only a WP plugin).

I've not seen any issues with duplicated posting on any of our installations or from anyone else, it sounds like the javascript is included twice. What's the URL?

Duplicated posting happened when I canceled the below options and saved them. Later checked all of them, and maybe changed the XF forum from A to B. And also changed the thread ID meta key from 25 to 2.

1635090781944.png

I think maybe a re-install this plugin may be helped.

How about Article and Forum Connect Plus and Xpress? they are way better and don't have the problems that I mentioned above? I am willing to pay but really need a reliable and nice-looking integration add-on.

Why have you changed the thread ID meta key? That's only really intended for retaining legacy post/thread links as it explains underneath, there is no need to change that otherwise. Changing that is just going to remove the relationship between linked threads so you probably will have issues if you keep changing it.

As I said, you're the first person to report an issue with duplicate posting so I won't be able to suggest anything without even seeing the site. It sounds most likely to be duplicated javascript includes, the only way it would create 2 posts is if it's sending 2 API calls, which would mean 2 requests to the server. Without seeing the site I literally can't suggest anything else.

Also not sure what you mean by Article and Forum Connect Plus being better, it's the same WP plugin just with a counterpart XF addon for additional functionality.

Hi, this does not work for me. It said API connected, but tried with a xenforo use to authenticate in WP, I am getting "Error: The username xyzcv is not registered on this site. If you are unsure of your username, try your email address instead." Is there another piec to this ?

Can you screenshot the error? Isn't an error message from the plugin or one I can find in XF. Assuming you're using the connected accounts integration method, it just uses the XF API to find the user, so if XF can't find it then it probably doesn't exist.

Actually it sounds like the error message on the WP login page. You don't log in to WP with your XF credentials, if you're using the connected accounts integration you'd enter your login details in the comment section and it'll link your accounts to post the comments to XF.

not home now for screenshot. to be clear, i installed plugin in wp. get api from xf and paste in wp, choose cookie login. is there anything else i need to do on the xf side? thanks for your reply.

Actually it sounds like the error message on the WP login page. You don't log in to WP with your XF credentials, if you're using the connected accounts integration you'd enter your login details in the comment section and it'll link your accounts to post the comments to XF.
ok, so this is just a comment login add-on?

not home now for screenshot. to be clear, i installed plugin in wp. get api from xf and paste in wp, choose cookie login. is there anything else i need to do on the xf side? thanks for your reply.
You should then just see the comment box on the posts, I'm not sure what you're doing to get an error message about authenticating a user as you don't do anything like that with the cookie method.
ok, so this is just a comment login add-on?
Yes, either you can use the session cookie integration method to seamlessly post WP comments using your XF user, or the connected accounts integration method to connect your XF account with a pre-existing WP account. There's no WP user creation or syncing.

I think that's been reported before, I'll see if it's a quick fix.

@mattrogowski Any luck?

Earlier today, I had an article title cause the plugin to throw a 500 error and killed the post process -

Title: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition and More Custom Models Pictured, 5% to 10% Faster Than GeForce RTX 3090 at 4K, Might Cost “Only” $1,499

It appears there's a 150 character maximum that is thrown by the XFApi but not handled by the plugin:
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 396 of the file /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/article-forum-connect/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Client.php. Error message: Uncaught XFApi\Exception\RequestException\NoPermissionRequestException: Please enter a value using 150 characters or fewer. in /var/www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/article-forum-connect/vendor/xfapi/xfapi-php/src/Client.php:396

Here is a build of version 1.0.3 - bit behind on versions here it seems. I'll be able to prep a full changelog and release tomorrow, but this should address the HTML entity encoding and max length issues (ironically that particular title only hit the 150 length limit due to the entity encoding, was only 147 otherwise :p)

Other changes are just minor bug fixes such as proper permissions for post voting being checked, updating comments counts, and checking for an email address before using it for a Gravatar, but no changes you should notice otherwise.

Attachments

Here is a build of version 1.0.3 - bit behind on versions here it seems. I'll be able to prep a full changelog and release tomorrow, but this should address the HTML entity encoding and max length issues (ironically that particular title only hit the 150 length limit due to the entity encoding, was only 147 otherwise :p)

Other changes are just minor bug fixes such as proper permissions for post voting being checked, updating comments counts, and checking for an email address before using it for a Gravatar, but no changes you should notice otherwise.

Awesome! Thank you!

That 147 character title posted correctly with the updated version!

Hi, the integration is good.

One question, the comment section can be replaced by a different language? For example, Japanese, chinese....

1650365689388.png

Please help me change this. Would like to pay for your service.

The plugin uses WordPress' native _() translation function internally, with the translation domain being audentio-forum-connect

To be honest I'm not sure how to actually set up translation files in WordPress, however this guide may help. Essentially it should be compatible with however WordPress is usually translated since it uses the _() translation function.

Top Bottom