Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress

Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress 1.2.9

No permission to download

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WP - Sync comments between XenForo and WordPress with the method that works best for you.

WPconnect-title.png

WPconnect-hero.png

Article and Forum Connect Free
WordPress and XenForo - two extensive softwares, integrated simply with Article and Forum Connect. Sync comments between XenForo and WordPress allowing users to post and view on either platform and choose the method that works best for your...

Read more about this resource...

Unable to install:

We ran into some problems.​

Could not process article-forum-connect.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.

Unable to install:

We ran into some problems.​

Could not process article-forum-connect.zip: File does not appear to be a valid add-on archive as expected.
This a WP plugin rather than an XF addon - we've made this a bit clearer on the resource page and had the thread moved to the correct forum, sorry for any confusion!

This a WP plugin rather than an XF addon - we've made this a bit clearer on the resource page and had the thread moved to the correct forum, sorry for any confusion!
Thanks!

But:

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught HaydenPierce\ClassFinder\Exception\ClassFinderException: Could not locate composer.json. You can get around this by setting ClassFinder::$appRoot manually. See 'https://gitlab.com/hpierce1102/ClassFinder/blob/master/docs/exceptions/missingComposerConfig.md' for details. in /home/tamingtest/public_html/wp-content/plugins/article-forum-connect/vendor/haydenpierce/class-finder/src/AppConfig.php:54 Stack trace: #0 /home/tamingtest/public_html/wp-content/plugins/article-forum-connect/vendor/haydenpierce/class-finder/src/AppConfig.php(40): HaydenPierce\ClassFinder\AppConfig->throwIfInvalidAppRoot(NULL) #1 /home/tamingtest/public_html/wp-content/plugins/article-forum-connect/vendor/haydenpierce/class-finder/src/AppConfig.php(14): HaydenPierce\ClassFinder\AppConfig->findAppRoot() #2 /home/tamingtest/public_html/wp-content/plugins/article-forum-connect/vendor/haydenpierce/class-finder/src/ClassFinder.php(44): HaydenPierce\ClassFinder\AppConfig->__construct() #3 /home/tamingtest/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ in /home/tamingtest/public_html/wp-content/plugins/article-forum-connect/vendor/haydenpierce/class-finder/src/AppConfig.php on line 54

I'm wondering how this will effect the (already not very active) further development of XPress?
Curious if you had specific needs? We've got XPress working on around 300 sites, needs heavier maintenance than a more plug-n-play product like this one, but thats the nature of having your views and front-end synced between XF and WP. This doesnt do that so its much easier to develop for. If you did have XPress needs perhaps tag me and @Lukas W. on there or submit a ticket.

In general XPress is stable and we don't plan on building more features into it (unless someone lets us know of a very high value one!). It does everything we need it to already.

OK, I have installed on Wordpress,. is there any documention on how to use this?

Thanks. The domain is different and I want to use iframe, but it says this in settings:

Requires the counterpart XF addon and for the forum to be allowed to be embedded on the blog.

So where is the counterpart XF addon?

OK, I have installed on Wordpress,. is there any documention on how to use this?

Thanks. The domain is different and I want to use iframe, but it says this in settings:

Requires the counterpart XF addon and for the forum to be allowed to be embedded on the blog.

So where is the counterpart XF addon?
Hello Mr Lucky, the documentation for this plugin can be found here and the XenForo counterpart is included within our plus version of Forum Connect. Forum Connect Plus functionality (Iframe for example) is outlined and explained on this resources overview tab and it is able to be acquired by purchasing our resource subscription.

is outlined and explained on this resources overview tab and it is able to be acquired by purchasing our resource subscription.
OK, got it. I think. So although the WP version is free, it only works with xenforo if you buy the counterpart?

So maybe after installing the WP version, it would be useful if there is a mention that you need to buy the xenforo counterpart. Maybe it is there and missed it.

The WP plugin works as a standalone product, the XF addon enhances the functionality - the features in each version are compared in the graphic on the resource detail page.

The WP plugin works as a standalone product, the XF addon enhances the functionality - the features in each version are compared in the graphic on the resource detail page.
I apologise, I am sometimes slow to understand things. All I'm saying is that isn't at all clear when you install on WP.

It seems very confusing to be downloading a WP plugin from xenforo resources. (I'm aware it now says that half way down the xenforo resource page)

We might at some point make an XF addon that then tells you to install the WP plugin, its just not super necessary right now. The point is its a free wp integration with the XF API. And since the API comes with every xenforo instance we just dont happen to need an addon.

Essentially for things we need an addon for, we charge for that. For anything we can do with just XF API we arent going to charge for.

New bug: ıf i use ' -apostrophe- title is as attached
also three dots at the end of the text

Attachments

• Screenshot (70).webp
    Screenshot (70).webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 20
So I have tried this out and tried to authenticate on WP with the cookie settings and nothing. Just doesn't seem to work. I am not sure exactly what I am doing wrong but it just won't work and I have read through all the docs twice.

Also, it's still not clear how you get your hands on the plus version. I can't find where to get it.

Top Bottom