Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress

Article and Forum Connect: XenForo and WordPress 1.2.9

No permission to download
Is there any way to add featured image into XenForo post? I want my XNA image on my XenForo post. Is it possible?
Possibly, would have to just add it with an image tag at the start of the post, that's about all it could do.
And is it possible to prevent comments from the WordPress article from being transferred to the XenForo topic?
Not sure I follow this one, it'll only do this if you're using the Plus version (with the XF addon) and would need to be turned on. If you have a thread linked, why would you not want the comments to be added to the XF thread? Posts in the XF thread will be pushed to WP so you'd end up with half the replies missing.

If you have a thread linked, why would you not want the comments to be added to the XF thread? Posts in the XF thread will be pushed to WP so you'd end up with half the replies missing.

I don't want WordPress and XenForo to be dependent on each other. It feels better to keep them separate from each other.

I don't want WordPress and XenForo to be dependent on each other. It feels better to keep them separate from each other.
That's what I'm confused about though because that's how it works by default, and native comments requires the Plus addon and needs to be explicitly turned on.

The plugin will override the comments template and will create XF posts via the API, the only time it will render the native WP comments template and create native comments is if you're using the Connected WP/XF users integration method, and have the "Use native WordPress comments" option enabled, but this requires Plus. Otherwise, by default it completely bypasses WP comments and XF is the source of them.

Quick Question -
I see the wordpress posts allows for the XenForo Thread widget.
However, wordpress pages does not all for the XenForo Thread widget.

Is there a work around with the paid version?
Does iframe only work on posts, or does iframe allow for pages functionality?

Thanks for the help.
PAGES
1712433696652.webp

So this isn't a widget for the front end, this is just the meta box on the post composition page that you use to configure the thread when the post gets created. The UI you have here is just WordPress letting you control which meta boxes display when you create a new post.

Last edited:
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "widget"...

It's only posts that are supported with the iframe, the WP post is linked to the thread and it iframes the comments. There isn't currently support for any integration with pages between WP and XF.

Thanks for the response @mattrogowski

Got it. Yea - I need the forum to integrate with my wordpress pages.

I'm no developer, but considering how similar Wordpress Pages are to Wordpres Posts, I'd assume it would be possible.

I guess the problem is that Wordpress does not allow for comments on pages like it does for posts?
I wonder if I downloaded some sort of Wordpress plugin to allow for comments on regular pages.
I wonder if I can simply iframe in the forum to my wordpress pages.

LMK if you have any food for thought.
Thanks again.

I wonder if I can simply iframe in the forum to my wordpress pages.
You would be able to do that theoretically, yes.

The plugin only deals with posts as it creates the associated thread, and as you say pages don't have comments - even if comments were added though the plugin wouldn't attempt to create a thread, or an associated page node either.

But the way the threads are framed is it just passes a query string (in_iframe=1) which forces a specific theme if you have one set, and hides a lot of the page elements (header, footer etc), and it would work in principle on any page, there might just be some elements that needs to be hidden on other pages. So if you had a page node in XF you could probably embed that in WP manually by just setting the iframe URL to be the page node URL with in_iframe=1 at the end.

Top Bottom